It's starting to sink in for some folks

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SCone
Posts in topic: 1

It's starting to sink in for some folks

Post by SCone »

I was talking with a lady that has a table at trade fairs, antique shows and such, but the biggest money maker is gunshows. We had talked before the election and I knew she was leaning toward Obama so she could get health care FOR FREE. We went round and round with ways she could purchase it herself, but she always came back to, "That's just too expensive for me."

I saw her yesterday in Mesquite, she was amazed at how many people were buying ARs. I said, "Well, after Biden gets his 'assault weapons' ban re-instated, the price on them will double, maybe even triple. But that won't matter too much when they stop individual gun sales and ban all the gunshows."

Her face was priceless, she said, "They can't ban gunshows, I make 90% of my income from gunshows." I said, "At least you'll have health care."

To which she replied, "What good is health care if I loose everything I have?"

Another awakens from the darkness.

phoneguy

Re: It's starting to sink in for some folks

Post by phoneguy »

SCone wrote:I was talking with a lady that has a table at trade fairs, antique shows and such, but the biggest money maker is gunshows. We had talked before the election and I knew she was leaning toward Obama so she could get health care FOR FREE. We went round and round with ways she could purchase it herself, but she always came back to, "That's just too expensive for me."

I saw her yesterday in Mesquite, she was amazed at how many people were buying ARs. I said, "Well, after Biden gets his 'assault weapons' ban re-instated, the price on them will double, maybe even triple. But that won't matter too much when they stop individual gun sales and ban all the gunshows."

Her face was priceless, she said, "They can't ban gunshows, I make 90% of my income from gunshows." I said, "At least you'll have health care."

Or to put it another way..

Another turkey who suddenly understands the concept of Thanksgiving.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

I just talked to an obamaton about the 401(k) thing. I told him that he really needed to understand the details of "the plan" because the devil is there waiting for him.

He was really angry. "I have worked my whole life for that money. They can't take it!"

I informed him that his wealth was in the pot with everyone else's and was going to be spread around to those who didn't earn it.

I wish I could describe the look on his face.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

I find the temptation to smack them repeatedly too overwhelming. I was on a cruise during the election, and nearly caused a riot. I'll post the story later. And yes, I early voted.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Russell wrote:I have no patience to talk to "those" people. They had their chance to do their homework before they voted, instead they got suckered on by whoever the MSM was painting as their next savior for all their woes.

The TV tells them everything they need to know.
The individual was listening to me and two others talk about it while working. He looked at us with an open mouthed stare not believeing what we were saying. I am pretty careful about how I discuss things that annoy me because heaven forbid I create a "hostile work environment" and have HR come down on me like a ton of bricks. I am not as protected at work as others.

As reality sinks in and obama's knife starts to cut into their backs, I will so very slowly pull open the edges of the wound and pour in the salt while grinning from ear to ear.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:I wish I could describe the look on his face.
Did it look kinda like this???

"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:As reality sinks in and obama's knife starts to cut into their backs, I will so very slowly pull open the edges of the wound and pour in the salt while grinning from ear to ear.
There banning salt...Didn't you get the memo from Lord Obama???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:As reality sinks in and obama's knife starts to cut into their backs, I will so very slowly pull open the edges of the wound and pour in the salt while grinning from ear to ear.
There banning salt...Didn't you get the memo from Lord Obama???
Better buy some Taco Bell stock.

Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

Some of Obama's supporters in Indiana were paid ten bucks an hour to campaign. (Gift cards, apparently.) Well, there was a problem with some payments, so some of the workers got shortchanged. At this? They were, of course, very upset. The problem's been resolved, granted, but the whining and complaining about not getting what they earned? Well...they should remember this when Obama's swiping peoples' paychecks to fork over to people who didn't earn them.

The news link

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

SCone wrote:I was talking with a lady that has a table at trade fairs, antique shows and such, but the biggest money maker is gunshows. We had talked before the election and I knew she was leaning toward Obama so she could get health care FOR FREE. We went round and round with ways she could purchase it herself, but she always came back to, "That's just too expensive for me."

Nothing is more annoying than an uninformed voter. My neighbor across the street is an Obama supporter. We discussed several issues and it was amazing how uninformed he was regarding: The Supreme Court, AWB, The Iraq and Afghanistan situation. My neighbor had a perception about what Obama would do for him, but had not read change.gov or Obama's or the DNC's mission statements to know for sure what Obama's goal was. Very annoying... very annoying

bonehead1185

Post by bonehead1185 »

Sarah81 wrote:Some of Obama's supporters in Indiana were paid ten bucks an hour to campaign. (Gift cards, apparently.) Well, there was a problem with some payments, so some of the workers got shortchanged. At this? They were, of course, very upset. The problem's been resolved, granted, but the whining and complaining about not getting what they earned? Well...they should remember this when Obama's swiping peoples' paychecks to fork over to people who didn't earn them.

The news link

So who's money paid for those gift cards?
8-10-08: CHL class taken
8-15-08: Mailed application
8-18-08: Received in Austin
9-3-08: PIN received - Processing Application
10-6-08: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active- 7 weeks after received!
10-10-08: Plastic received!!!!!!!!! 2 months to the day after class!!!

Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

Bonehead: As far as I know, campaign funds. Which leads me to ask if Obama used public funds or not. Can't recall...didn't care about that nearly as much as I cared about what he'd do after he won the election.

Return to “Federal - 2008”