Arken Optics

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 4

Arken Optics

Post by AndyC1911 »

I'm fairly new to precision rifle but I've been keeping my mouth pretty shut and ears open over the past few years as I've been soaking up info.

One name that kept cropping up in the optics-world is Arken Optics in Sugarland, TX and the qualified reviewers all seem pretty impressed with the US-designed / Chinese-made scopes (CHY-NA) with HD glass and their higher-end line with Japanese glass (EP series). A number of people are putting these up against big-name, expensive glass and wondering if the bigger names were worth the expense, seeing as this little guy punches well above its class.

Long story short, I got a little bonus at work so after adulting with most of it, I decided to treat myself with the remainder and ordered their SH4 6-24x50 FFP scope in mils ($449). It arrived middle of last week so I mounted it - here it is below my Vortex 4-16x;

I finally got the chance to play with it at TDSA today. It was hot as blazes, and the sweat was stinging my eyes but the kit held up well.

I'd boresighted it before I went out, of course, and easily got it dialled in at 100:

For fun, I started shooting quarters taped to paper at 100 yards:

Then it was off to the 400 yard range:

I wanted to see if I could use my previous comeups on the tiny 4" plate at the left in the plate-rack - yep, solid hit first shot, right between the ears:

Excellent scope, very repeatable clicks and good glass - only downside is the eyebox is quite unforgiving; you have to be spot-on.
Last edited by AndyC1911 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Arken Optics

Post by Paladin »

:cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That last pic looks like you put the whack on Mickey M. (Turns out he was a dirty rat, right?) :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I saw they have a lifetime warranty on their products. That's a lot of scope for the money. Did you do a four corner cross hair adjustment test to see if it returns to zero?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

AndyC my question is what were you shooting(rifle and caliber)? Will definitely give these scopes a look.

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Savage 10T in .308:

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:25 pm That last pic looks like you put the whack on Mickey M. (Turns out he was a dirty rat, right?) :mrgreen:
I thought the same once I ambled downrange and saw the target :mrgreen:
puma guy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:33 am I saw they have a lifetime warranty on their products. That's a lot of scope for the money. Did you do a four corner cross hair adjustment test to see if it returns to zero?
No, I was with someone and pressed for time - enough people have done it in scope-tests that I was comfortable that their tracking is spot-on, but I'll do it when I go alone.

Now I'm not sure whether or not to hold onto my Vortex scope for a future rifle... :headscratch

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AndyC1911 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:16 am Savage 10T in .308:

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:25 pm That last pic looks like you put the whack on Mickey M. (Turns out he was a dirty rat, right?) :mrgreen:
puma guy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:33 am I saw they have a lifetime warranty on their products. That's a lot of scope for the money. Did you do a four corner cross hair adjustment test to see if it returns to zero?
No, I was with someone and pressed for time - enough people have done it in scope-tests that I was comfortable that their tracking is spot-on, but I'll do it when I go alone.

Now I'm not sure whether or not to hold onto my Vortex scope for a future rifle... :headscratch
Nice! :thumbs2:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Which vortex scope? My future Son-in-Law bought a Diamondback (DB-10) a few weeks ago at the FW-Gun show. The scope he has isn't that good and I might be interested in getting him something better for Christmas or something.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Which vortex scope? My future Son-in-Law bought a Diamondback (DB-10) a few weeks ago at the FW-Gun show. The scope he has isn't that good and I might be interested in getting him something better for Christmas or something.
My future Son-in-Law
C-dub,
Is your daughter that we called L'il Dub who kept score for us at a couple of skeet shoots getting married? I can't believe that much time has passed.

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

C-dub wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 pm Which vortex scope? My future Son-in-Law bought a Diamondback (DB-10) a few weeks ago at the FW-Gun show. The scope he has isn't that good and I might be interested in getting him something better for Christmas or something.
Viper PST 4-16×50 SFP - awesome scope. I might be interested in selling it complete with box, manuals, covers, rings and bubble-level if it were were going where it was really needed; right now I have nothing to hang it on and doubt I will for a while.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:23 am
C-dub wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 pm

My future Son-in-Law
C-dub,
Is your daughter that we called L'il Dub who kept score for us at a couple of skeet shoots getting married? I can't believe that much time has passed.
The one and only!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC1911 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:14 am
C-dub wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 pm Which vortex scope? My future Son-in-Law bought a Diamondback (DB-10) a few weeks ago at the FW-Gun show. The scope he has isn't that good and I might be interested in getting him something better for Christmas or something.
Viper PST 4-16×50 SFP - awesome scope. I might be interested in selling it complete with box, manuals, covers, rings and bubble-level if it were were going where it was really needed; right now I have nothing to hang it on and doubt I will for a while.

That would be cool. Just let me have first crack at it if you do decide to let it go.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 pm

My future Son-in-Law
C-dub,
[/quote]

The one and only!
[/quote]
My congratulations to her! :tiphat:

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

C-dub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:14 pmThat would be cool. Just let me have first crack at it if you do decide to let it go.
PM'd you.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”