AR15 Quick Sighting Technique

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

AR15 Quick Sighting Technique

Post by Paladin »

For those times when you don't have an EOTECH or red dot:

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: AR15 Quick Sighting Technique

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Good info. I have to give that a try.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

I have a quick sighting technique that I used to use quite a bit. I've been wary of sharing due to the possibility of it spreading and my losing my advantage. I haven't been able to use it very much the last couple of years.

Practice!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

C-dub wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:52 pm I have a quick sighting technique that I used to use quite a bit. I've been wary of sharing due to the possibility of it spreading and my losing my advantage. I haven't been able to use it very much the last couple of years.

Practice!
It can be hard if relegated to shooting at commercial gun ranges. Many of them have rules that make it very difficult to practice quick draw or even three shot rapid fire. But I 100% agree.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

This kind of Close Quarters Carbine training is what Airsoft rifles shine at. I go into the backyard with some targets and get 400 trigger pulls inside of 2 hours at the cost of a just over $1 in ammo.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

C-dub wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:52 pm I have a quick sighting technique that I used to use quite a bit. I've been wary of sharing due to the possibility of it spreading and my losing my advantage. I haven't been able to use it very much the last couple of years.

Practice!
HR is putting up some pretty respectable times. Practice matters! The amateurs have trouble even disengaging their safety without looking at it.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”