Opinions needed please

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Opinions needed please

Post by C-dub »

Rafe wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:16 pm
Excaliber wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:00 am
Grayling813 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:59 pm The Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical is on sale right now at GrabAGun for $900.

https://grabagun.com/mossberg-940-pro-t ... ready.html
That's a really good deal for a really fine gun!
Yep; a hundred bucks less than I paid for mine 15 months ago. Add to that: under Bidenomics, a 2023 dollar is, in actual spending power, worth 92.6 cents of a 2022 dollar. :???:

And did I mention how much fun it is to shoot this puppy? I have what used to be called a Knox stock (Blackhawk bought the company) on my 870 pump, and it does a good job of reducing recoil. But the 940 feels even a bit softer than that. And disposing of a tube full of shells as fast as you can (accurately) pull the trigger is way better than the pump activation I got used to. My go-to HD firearm was an AR with a 40-round Pmag. When I'm home, I still keep the AR accessible as a secondary, but 7+1 2.75" 00 Buck gives me 5, .33 pellets per round for a total of 40 projectiles with 8 trigger presses. I figure I'll have a really big problem on my hands if that isn't dissuasive enough.

If I come into some extra, unexpected money, I'd still like to have a Benelli, but I'm happy with the Mossberg.
That appears to be a fine shotgun and for a great price. I think I've had my Benelli 3-gun for about 10 years now, but if I were shopping today might just go with this instead. About the only thing other than name I get with mine is the barrel length. When some of us have gone to Elm Fork here to shoot skeet they require a minimum barrel length of 21" and that is just what the 3-gun model is. They would stop by every time we were there to check mine. An 18.5" barrel might not do well for skeet. Might be fun to try at a place that wouldn't care.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Rafe wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:16 pm If I come into some extra, unexpected money, I'd still like to have a Benelli, but I'm happy with the Mossberg.
That’s exactly my sentiments. The Mossberg 930/936/940 shotguns are very easy shooting.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grayling813 »

If you have a Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical, here's a website that has several upgrade parts.

https://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-940-pro-accessories.html

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”