Shotgun Range Question

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
CodeJockey
Posts in topic: 2

Shotgun Range Question

Post by CodeJockey »

Does anyone know a range in Dallas / Fort Worth (I live in Arlington but don't mind driving an hour or so) that will allow shotguns? I can go to Alpine but I want to shoot at a paper target, not at a clay target. I just bought a new Stoeger p350 and i want to try it out. Any advice is appreciated. TIA
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

melkor41
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shotgun Range Question

Post by melkor41 »

Garland public shooting range used to allow shotguns on the far end of the pistol range to shoot at cardboard boxes. Im sure you could get a large box and tape a paper target to it. Might want to give them a call and ask if they still do, i havent shot shotgun out there in 5 or 6 years, but there was a large debris field near the shotgun area last time i was out shooting pistols about 2 months ago.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

Syntax360
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntax360 »

Alpine will let you shoot at paper targets with a shotgun on the first pistol range, all the way to the right... (15 yards? or is it 20?)

Topic author
CodeJockey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CodeJockey »

Syntax360 wrote:Alpine will let you shoot at paper targets with a shotgun on the first pistol range, all the way to the right... (15 yards? or is it 20?)
Oh cool, I thought it was limited to the Skeet and Trap sections. I'll just do that then, as it's pretty close to me. Thanks! Do they allow slugs or 00 buck? I know they limit you to smaller shot on the skeep / trap range.
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”