Got the AR upper kit

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RiverRat
Posts in topic: 2

Got the AR upper kit

Post by RiverRat »

I ordered an AR upper kit from Model 1 Sales on Nov 8th (5.56 chambered 1/7, 20", chrome-lined, standard rifle) and received it by UPS today. :thewave
I know what I'll be building tonight :anamatedbanana
Life member NRA and TSRA

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Got the AR upper kit

Post by flintknapper »

:hurry: :woohoo
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Thats not bad at all. I am still waiting on my AK that I ordered on Nov. 4th. Its only been two months and orders are getting filled, thats good news, and I think the hype is dying down. Hopefully anyway...Gratz on your purchase and get some pics up when you can.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Topic author
RiverRat

Post by RiverRat »

Just completed the lower build, :cheers2: will need to invest in some spare parts kits as some of spring loaded parts kept successfully escaping across the garage into uncharted areas that haven't seen daylight in decades. This is made from parts from two kits to get this one going... :cryin ..I know it would have been cheaper to get an expert to build it, but wanted to learn how it worked. Lucked into three lowers in Belton last month, so have to save my money and get some more kits.
I really didn't have need or use for a .223, just felt it patriotic to get one because I can.....this week. :patriot:

The new rifle:
5.56 chambered
1-7 twist
20" barrel
chrome lined

Life member NRA and TSRA

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Nice, gratz on the build and familiarization with the AR. Keep up the good work.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kd5zex »

Looks great! Remember, needs and uses are subjective. You don't need to qualify your decision to anyone. ;-) Keep up the good work!
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”