Remove Bore Sight Before Firing!

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

atxgun
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Remove Bore Sight Before Firing!

Post by atxgun »

Pinkycatcher wrote:Mythbusters shouldn't be taken as a valid science experiment

I agree, at the same time it is another source of information. I didn't mean to say "Mythbusters says X, therefore it must be true". I must admit I cringe when ever I watch that show or just about anything else on Discovery where the characters claim an impetus toward scientific rigor -- but that does negate the entertaining utility of the shows :coolgleamA:

Pinkycatcher
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Remove Bore Sight Before Firing!

Post by Pinkycatcher »

atxgun wrote:
Pinkycatcher wrote:Mythbusters shouldn't be taken as a valid science experiment

I agree, at the same time it is another source of information. I didn't mean to say "Mythbusters says X, therefore it must be true". I must admit I cringe when ever I watch that show or just about anything else on Discovery where the characters claim an impetus toward scientific rigor -- but that does negate the entertaining utility of the shows :coolgleamA:
I fully agree with you, it is one of the better shows on TV in my opinion, but to say that they actually prove something when they experiment is a large stretch. I as a non-expert in pretty much any field they cover can almost always pick out errors that would affect the outcome.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”