One more AR...

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

One more AR...

Post by G.A. Heath »

On October 1, 2008 I purchased a stripped Lower receiver. I started planning a rifle around it based on my previous build (I love the ergonomics of it). After waitting for parts that were delayed because of the election rush everything finally came together on Jan 20, 2009. Below is my new hog hunting carbine.

Quick Specs are:
DPMS stripped lower and LPK
DPMS Pardus stock
MagPul MIAD full grip kit
Yankee Hill Machine (YHM) Stripped upper w/ forward assist and dust cover installed.
YHM diamond cut rifle length forearm w/ endcap.
YHM Specter gas block
YHM BUIS (A1 style rear)
Its a custom 12 twist and 3 grove bead blasted stainless steal Barrel with DMR chamber, mid length gas system, and matched bolt.
Everything from the BCG aside from the bolt are Del-ton products.
The scope is a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 with BDC.
Scope mount is a cheap Promag unit.

After I got off work today I went and put it together, however it as dark so the rifle is still unfired. This rifle will also be used with my night vision scope and other accessories from my previous build.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: One more AR...

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Congrats on the new hog blaster. Nice.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”