MSAR STG-556

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Furyataurus
Posts in topic: 2

MSAR STG-556

Post by Furyataurus »

Here she is!!!

Gen IV MSAR STG-556 - $1050
Trijicon TR24G w/LaRue LT-104 mount - $1050 ( $850 for the scope + $200 for the mount )
Surefire G2LED w/LaRue LT-707 mount - $175
Spec Op's Single point sling - $40

I used to have Magpul's BUIS and a BSA red dot sight on her but also wanted magnification as well. Turning to Eotech as well as Aimpoint I was looking at well over $1K for a magnifier and a red dot as well as mounts for them. Looking for something a little less expensive I came across Trijicon's 1-4x24mm Accupoint scope. It was love at first sight looking through her :mrgreen: . I no longer had any doubts that this was the route I wanted to take. No battery(s) here, just a light absorbing fiber optic reticule, green triangle by the way. Not having to deal with batteries as well as two optics, if I had gone the other route instead, is also another strong point with this scope. I still have the BSA red dot as well as the Magpul BUIS for an emergency though.

The rifle??? Yeah, she's been great :mrgreen: . She's 26 and 1/4" in overall length :mrgreen: , yup, just barely legal. Where she really shines is in room clearing and inside a vehicle. She's gotten me in trouble when I shoot in carbine competitions. Since she is sooooooo short I've shot through several barricades with her since you don't see/notice where the barrel is when shooting unlike other rifles i.e. AR's. My rifle takes MSAR magazines. The "E4" MSAR takes AR magazines.

I don't know if they still have them but Buds gunshop has 20" MSAR's for $982. A 20" MSAR is still the same length as a 10.5" SBR AR with it's stock fully extended.

dicion
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MSAR STG-556

Post by dicion »

Oh man... Sweet. :thumbs2:

I love me some bullpup, and that is one fine example! :tiphat:
... Now If I could just convince the wife I need one somehow...

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

I would like to know how the trigger is and what reticule you have on the accupoint? I am a month away from buying the same scope with the green triangle reticule to go on a 16" AR. I saw the deal buds had a while ago and never did jump on it. I am waiting for the E model to be more readily available. Sick rifle friend and keep shooting. Lets see some groups...
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Topic author
Furyataurus

Post by Furyataurus »

TR24G is the Green triangle post scope. I didn't really like the German #4 reticule. Plus, my HK USP 9 and HK USPC 40 both have Trijicon's Green front/rear night sights so I stayed with "green" :mrgreen: .

The trigger isn't bad at all. There is some initial take up/creep due to how far the trigger is from the hammer pack but, IMO, it's pretty nice.

Chuck TX

Post by Chuck TX »

That is a fine looking rifle. :thumbs2:
"Come and Take it!" - Texans, October 2, 1835

HankB

Post by HankB »

How's the reliability? I heard that early rifles had some teething problems . . .

And the price . . . $1050? NIB? Not bad . . . I was under the impression they were a LOT more expensive, even without optics . . .
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

HankB wrote:How's the reliability? I heard that early rifles had some teething problems . . .

And the price . . . $1050? NIB? Not bad . . . I was under the impression they were a LOT more expensive, even without optics . . .
Budsgunshop has them a bit cheaper than that.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

When are we going to the Bullet Hole? "rlol"
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”