Winchester gunsmith in Houston

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
hirundo82
Posts in topic: 2

Winchester gunsmith in Houston

Post by hirundo82 »

Does anyone have a smith who knows Winchester lever rifles that they can recommend in Houston? I just bought a 94AE with the intention of using it as a trunk rifle, and I'm considering having the 20" barrel cut to 16.5".

Thanks in advance.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Lodge2004
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Winchester gunsmith in Houston

Post by Lodge2004 »

You could try calling Winchester. Quite a few years ago I bought a new Winchester and had problems with it. At the time there was only one gunsmith in Houston who could do warranty work on their rifles. Don't remember his name, but he had an out of the way shop on the west side of town (had a hard time finding the place). Turned out my rifle had been assembled incorrectly. It's worked like a charm since he fixed it.

RECIT
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RECIT »

I would call Orm at Fountain Firearms and see if he can do the work or can refer you to a place. Fountain seems to be very knowledgeable on lever guns old and new. If not then you can get on the waiting list for Briley to do the work, but there is always a wait.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Topic author
hirundo82
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hirundo82 »

Thanks, everyone. It looks like Freer Gun Shop is the Winchester authorized repair center for the Houston area, so that's one options.

Other suggestions still appreciated.

Thanks!
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”