Tacical Carbine Class recommendations

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Tacical Carbine Class recommendations

Post by TVGuy »

Another video of some training at CDG:

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gthaustex »

LTUME1978 wrote:A really good class is "Tactical Rifle Operator" at CSAT (Paul Howe) in Nacogdothes. I took the class on the weekend of 10/11 Oct 2015 and it was excellent. The class size was 24 (Paul and 4 other instructors on the range). About half the class was LEO. I have shot 3 gun competition for several years but I learned a lot in this class that is applicable to real world use. $500.00 for the class but some of the best money I have spent in a long time. This is not a class for a new shooter. You need to know at least a little about how to use the rifle before going. Also, getting a little conditioning in before going would be helpful. My legs were sore for a few days (but well worth it :-) ).
I second the opinion above. Paul knows his stuff inside and out.

Topic author
Bang4Buck
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bang4Buck »

I wound up taking Critical Defense Group's Defensive Handgun 1 and 2 class a couple weeks ago. I already signed up for Tactical Carbine 1, 2, and Special Situations class late next month. Obviously I was very impressed and would recommend.

I came away realizing that going to a range where you can't draw from a holster and are limited to punching holes in paper is NOT training. You're just making sure your gun works. Huge difference between that and professional training. I sincerely hope everyone takes the time to get proper instruction. It will not only go a long way to improving your kills, you'll probably have a lot of fun. :fire

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”