Proof I don't know what I am doing

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Proof I don't know what I am doing

Post by Pawpaw »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Got my two new stripped "Jolly Roger" lowers today:

:lol: :thumbs2: :coolgleamA:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

JALLEN wrote:What are you looking at cost wise to put together a suppressed SBR in 300 blkout?

ATF tax, suppressor, decent lower, etc?
Any estimates of costs?

TIA.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SigM4 »

JALLEN wrote:
JALLEN wrote:What are you looking at cost wise to put together a suppressed SBR in 300 blkout?

Any estimates of costs?

TIA.
JALLEN,

I was able to put together my SBR'd 300 BLK for about $600-650 before the $200 tax stamp. I used a Spikes upper and lower along with a Seekins rail, Spikes LPK minus the fire control group, ALG QMS trigger, Spikes ST-T2 buffer, and Magpul MOE stock and grip. The place I was able to save some money was a blem 8.5" barrel that ran me $89. This was supposed to be a budget build so I tried to stay away from anything to high end (That's not the case with my other SBRs though).

Add in the price of a can ($650-1200) , another tax stamp ($200) , muzzle brake ($75), and other goodies (not including ammo) and you're easily into the $1500+ range. That said the 300 is a blast to shoot suppressed.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I have a lower sitting below my 22LR, nothing fancy but probably adequate. What is the hot set up for suppressors?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

JALLEN wrote:I have a lower sitting below my 22LR, nothing fancy but probably adequate. What is the hot set up for suppressors?
There are a ton of options in the .30 cal arena. SilencerCo Specwar, Saker or Omega, Dead Air Sandman (S, L, or Ti), Rugged Surge, Griffin Recce 7, just to name a few, take your pick. A lot of info out there at places like Silencer Shop and Capital Armory (both in Austin, maybe a nice side trip the next time you're in town with the band ;-) Best bet is to find someone with several that you could try shooting/hearing for yourself.

el_chupo_
Posts in topic: 2

Post by el_chupo_ »

Im not quite moved by the lower design, but a fun little gun (sans the weight!), from the looks.

JALLEN -

Cost on a .300blk is not any different than a 5.56, only difference is bbl, and those vary almost as much as 5.56 in price.

I ended up with a 10.5" from DSG. A couple years back they did a Seekins built upper (did not release barrel maker name), with a DSG upper, 10.5" barrel, Seekins adjustable gas block, Seekins MCSR rail, and DSG BCG, and standard CH.

They did this on sale at Black Friday in 2014 and 2015 (and a few times otherwise) at $400, so it was not hard to come in with a complete lower, with ALG trigger, grip of your choice, and a solid parts kit for under $650, + your $200 stamp and engraving costs (50-75 in the DFW area from a few places).

Can setup is all about what you want/need for your build. + $200, of course.

Want a Surefire? plan on 1200-1800.

Want relatively light weight, with a Quick attach flash hider/break, and really quiet? Plan on about $800-1200.

Want direct thread (or maybe a quick attach), dont mind an extra 6 oz, and OK with good, but not great performance? About $500-600.

Want light weight, direct thread, and good performance, but with a requirement for less shooting (no long mag dumps, or multiples), then about $500-600 as well (durability vs weight in this price range).

Topic author
psijac

Post by psijac »

JALLEN wrote:

Any estimates of costs?

TIA.
You are looking at $400 just for the stamps
$60 for a nice engraving for the lower or $0 if you can engrave it yourself
$150-$250 for a nice barrel
$300-$900 for a suppressor $300 being a form 1 supressor

So pick out your favorite AR or the Cheapest AR you can find add $1,000 - $1,600
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Where in DFW could you have a AR Lower engraved?

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

carlson1 wrote:Where in DFW could you have a AR Lower engraved?
http://www.dallasengraver.com/
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Ident has done 4 of my lowers now, excellent work, and for anyone local (or periodically down there like me) they do walk in service on Tuesday/Thursday evenings. Guys out there are great and it's always fun going out there, usually have some fun stuff in the shop to show off while you wait.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

SigM4 wrote:
Ident has done 4 of my lowers now, excellent work, and for anyone local (or periodically down there like me) they do walk in service on Tuesday/Thursday evenings. Guys out there are great and it's always fun going out there, usually have some fun stuff in the shop to show off while you wait.
Their website does not appear to provide their location (did I miss it?) and it has a note dating back to January of '15 stating that standard SBR marking lead time is 1-2 weeks, but they currently have a large amount of orders due to the proposed BATFE/Trust regulation changes. Do you know if that is still the case? Thanks!

Edit: Found the location under "Faqs": 2007 Industrial Blvd., Ste. B., Rockwall, TX 75087
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Thanks. :tiphat:

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
SigM4 wrote:
Their website does not appear to provide their location (did I miss it?) and it has a note dating back to January of '15 stating that standard SBR marking lead time is 1-2 weeks, but they currently have a large amount of orders due to the proposed BATFE/Trust regulation changes. Do you know if that is still the case? Thanks!

Edit: Found the location under "Faqs": 2007 Industrial Blvd., Ste. B., Rockwall, TX 75087
They do a lot of mail-in work from around the country, thus the note. If you can make it over to them during the evening hours on Tues/Thur it's same day service. That said you'll want to call about a week out and get an appointment. If you have an appointment you're guaranteed to get in. Without one they just work you in as they have time, though there is no guarantee that they'll be able to.

el_chupo_

Post by el_chupo_ »

Just another option, but White Wing Weaponry did some engraving for me as well. I have used Ident several times too, but they were not willing to try on a polymer lower (M&P 15-22) with their laser, where White Wing was able to do so (they were not using a laser, at least at that time).

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”