Optic for M1A help

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
karder
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Optic for M1A help

Post by karder »

The Vortex my vendor is offering for $750 is FFP, but it is used. He tells me that he sold and mounted it for another customer who decided that it was too much magnification for his purposes and traded it back soon after for a 2.5X10 PST. It looks really clean and I have a great relationship with the shop owner so I know he will take care of me if there is a problem. I feel confident purchasing it, but I am trying to make a final decision before I make a purchase this weekend.

I almost bought the Sadlak mount as it seems really solid but I ended up opting for the Bassett mount. The installation is cake as you don't have to remove the stripper clip guide and I have heard good things about it. If it doesn't live up to expectations, I will definitely report back. My pictures aren't all that great, but they'll give an idea of what it looks like.
Attachments
image3.JPG
image2.JPG
image1 (2).JPG
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

If that scope is not beat up, which I'm sure it's not, I would not be the least intimidated by it being a "used" scope. The Vortex warranty is hard to beat:
Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.

Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out
No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

Note
The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

karder wrote:The Vortex my vendor is offering for $750 is FFP, but it is used. He tells me that he sold and mounted it for another customer who decided that it was too much magnification for his purposes and traded it back soon after for a 2.5X10 PST. It looks really clean and I have a great relationship with the shop owner so I know he will take care of me if there is a problem. I feel confident purchasing it, but I am trying to make a final decision before I make a purchase this weekend.

I almost bought the Sadlak mount as it seems really solid but I ended up opting for the Bassett mount. The installation is cake as you don't have to remove the stripper clip guide and I have heard good things about it. If it doesn't live up to expectations, I will definitely report back. My pictures aren't all that great, but they'll give an idea of what it looks like.
Well that sounds like a pretty good deal then.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

What does that mean?
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Sure a pain in the posterior.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”