Geissele triggers

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Geissele triggers

Post by der Teufel »

My buddy has a AR-15 with a Geissele 2-Stage trigger. In a word, it is SWEET!

I built up a new lower for my 300 Blackout, and I installed a Rock River Arms 2-Stage trigger. I haven't really compared the two rifles (mine & his) side-by-side, but the RRA trigger certainly ain't bad.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Abraham wrote:Add Bitter Clinger to the list of kit recommend-ers.

I read all his links on the ELF triggers and man oh man, I want one of those too...badly.

I guess I could trade out my G2S trigger - put it in my S&W M&P 15-22 and put an ELF into my primary Colt LE6920,

hhhmmmm, maaaaaaybeee....scratching my white beard...
I really favor the drop-in modules. I did try a Timney drop-in trigger in my SBR, cost was roughly the same but I prefer the Elft for the longer range rifles. The trigger really makes a difference when shooting out longer distances IMHO.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bulletslap

Post by bulletslap »

I bought a Ruger two stage trigger, yes a Ruger trigger for an AR.

It was inexpensive and is a step up from stock trigger, breaks at around 4.5 pounds as near as I can measure.

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LeonCarr »

Finished an A2 lower about an hour ago with a Geissele 2 Stage Trigger.

Tested the trigger pull 5 times on my RCBS Trigger Pull Gauge.

The second stage pull was exactly 3 pounds every time. Excellent Trigger.

Just my 02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LeonCarr wrote:Finished an A2 lower about an hour ago with a Geissele 2 Stage Trigger.

Tested the trigger pull 5 times on my RCBS Trigger Pull Gauge.

The second stage pull was exactly 3 pounds every time. Excellent Trigger.

Just my 02,
LeonCarr
That's what people keep saying. At the time I bought aftermarket match-quality triggers for MSRs, I went with Timney because I prefer a single stage trigger. But I have owned rifles with 2-stage match triggers, and they're pretty nice. I just wanted a trigger that was single-stage, like the OEM trigger, but just a lot better than the OEM. Back when I brought my Timneys, I think that Geissele only sold 2-stage triggers, although now I understand that they also offer a single stage option?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Yeah TAM I installed this Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) for a buddy, and it is definitely worth the 140 bucks. Smooth 1st Stage, Crisp 2nd Stage, consistent 3 Pound 2nd Stage Pull.

Looks like their 3-Gun trigger (S3G) is a single stage with a 4 pound pull.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Post by C-dub »

I've been considering Geissele's S3G single stage trigger. IIRC, it can. E either a 3.5 or 4.0 pound trigger depending on the spring. I guess both springs are included or an option when purchasing.

Either way, I think I'd like to stay with a single stage for the M4. The reviews on this one are very optimistic.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I thought they were for CQB and home defense more so than two stage triggers because of the light pull and quick reset
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote:If everything in front of you is going to be a target to be drilled as fast as possible, I'm sure they're great.
I see your point.

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

I would absolutely recommend the Geissele trigger.
I put one in my SCAR 5.56 and it is outstanding.

QB

Post by QB »

C-dub wrote:I've been considering Geissele's S3G single stage trigger. IIRC, it can. E either a 3.5 or 4.0 pound trigger depending on the spring. I guess both springs are included or an option when purchasing.

Either way, I think I'd like to stay with a single stage for the M4. The reviews on this one are very optimistic.
I have a Stag Arms 3GL with a Geissele S3G trigger and the trigger is beyond SWEET. But I'd never use that lower with one of my home defense uppers because as Andy C (and possibly others) said, you'd better be ready to launch a bullet when you put your finger on the trigger!!! I only shoot my Stag 3GL off a bipod at the range but it's my absolute favorite rifle. If I shoot one of my other rifles prior to shooting my Stag I can attest that my first shot with the S3g trigger always catches me off guard, I have to remember what trigger I'm using.

I think I'd like to try a Geissele 2 stage trigger in my other AR15 but am too cheap to spring for one. :mrgreen:
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

I'm a huge fan. I have multiple SSA-Es.
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”