.300 BLK pistol

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: .300 BLK pistol

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
AndyC wrote:Duuuuuude.... :shock: :anamatedbanana
I don't like having to disassemble to fit in my backpack :lol:
Have you chrono’ed any loads through that stubby barrel? Just curious.

(BTW, don’t tell anyone, but that’s not a pistol anymore. :mrgreen: )
Not yet. According to all the things I've read, I should be getting a hair over 1700fps with Barnes 110gr VOR-TX, which should give me an effective range of about 150-200yds, which is exactly what I built the gun for. I want to give some Lehigh Defense loads a try as well.

As for being a pistol... what did I miss? Brace, no VFG... :headscratch
:headscratch :headscratch
TAM, sure looks like a pistol to me as well. What are you seeing that leads you to that conclusion? I have virtually the identical set up on more than one firearm. Thanks!
THIS has a rifle stock, therefore it is no longer a pistol:

That is what I was referring to. My son has the nearly identical setup, with the same stock. He had to register the lower for an SBR and get the stamp. BTW, he worked for a NFA dealer for a while and knows what he’s talking about. Only difference is, his is chambered in 5.56, with a 7” barrel.
Sorry brother, will have to disagree. That is a pistol brace. Pretty certain its the Maxim Defense Industries CQB Pistol PDW Brace (https://www.maximdefense.com/product/ma ... -for-ar15/). It does look quite a bit like the rifle stock, but its clearly the pistol brace.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jb2012
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jb2012 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
AndyC wrote:Duuuuuude.... :shock: :anamatedbanana
I don't like having to disassemble to fit in my backpack :lol:
Have you chrono’ed any loads through that stubby barrel? Just curious.

(BTW, don’t tell anyone, but that’s not a pistol anymore. :mrgreen: )
Not yet. According to all the things I've read, I should be getting a hair over 1700fps with Barnes 110gr VOR-TX, which should give me an effective range of about 150-200yds, which is exactly what I built the gun for. I want to give some Lehigh Defense loads a try as well.

As for being a pistol... what did I miss? Brace, no VFG... :headscratch
:headscratch :headscratch
TAM, sure looks like a pistol to me as well. What are you seeing that leads you to that conclusion? I have virtually the identical set up on more than one firearm. Thanks!
THIS has a rifle stock, therefore it is no longer a pistol:

That is what I was referring to. My son has the nearly identical setup, with the same stock. He had to register the lower for an SBR and get the stamp. BTW, he worked for a NFA dealer for a while and knows what he’s talking about. Only difference is, his is chambered in 5.56, with a 7” barrel.
I think this is the brace that he is using
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbpdw/

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have started another thread specifically on the subject of when a pistol becomes an SBR HERE.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

jb2012 wrote:I think this is the brace that he is using
If so, then I stand corrected. It looked to my admittedly decrepit eyes like a full on PDW shoulder stock.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BBYC »

Sidro wrote:How is the pistol working out for you? With the setup I have on mine it is all I need for a truck gun at this time. Shot a big pig at 245 yds last week and coyote at 225 yds today. My first mark under crosshair is on at 225 yds and this is what I used for both shots. Distance was confirmed with range finder after shot on both animals. Push your pistol out on distance and I think you will be very surprised.
What scope are you using? I'm thinking of getting the Primary Arms 3x ACSS for 300 BLK. I have the 2.5x 5.56 version on a rifle and like it.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Sidro
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Sidro »

A cheap UTG 3x9x32 bugbuster.

The Annoyed Man

The Annoyed Man wrote:
If so, then I stand corrected. It looked to my admittedly decrepit eyes like a full on PDW shoulder stock.
For the sake of clarification, this is what I thought I was looking at above, and I apologize for having thrown a little confusion into the thread:

That’s my son’s SBR, and I was confusing the PDW brace above with his PDW stock.

#TINVOWOOT

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MadMonkey »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
For the sake of clarification, this is what I thought I was looking at above, and I apologize for having thrown a little confusion into the thread:

That’s my son’s SBR, and I was confusing the PDW brace above with his PDW stock.
No worries, it's easy to mix them up. The Maxim brace (correctly guessed above) is fairly new and looks a lot like a stock. The strap is what will give it away :cool:

Perfect example of how unconstitutional regulations just make it confusing for everybody though :mad5
BBYC wrote: What scope are you using? I'm thinking of getting the Primary Arms 3x ACSS for 300 BLK. I have the 2.5x 5.56 version on a rifle and like it.
I have a 2.5x as well and I like the ACSS reticle so much I'm switching to it for all of my magnified optics.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LAYGO »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:46 pm
My SBPDW does NOT have the QDs on the frame like that. It's on the bottom center similar to a back plate with QD.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”