i want an AK underfolder

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 5

i want an AK underfolder

Post by aaangel »

why are they soooo expensive nowadays? can anyone direct me to a mid price point. im not looking for arsenal. TIA
'got to Texas ASAIC.

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: i want an AK underfolder

Post by strogg »

If you're looking at a ready-to-go one, you're pretty much out of luck. If you're not willing to spend Arsenal money, you'll be getting a Century. I've handled one of their underfolders before, and I was extremely underwhelmed by the build quality. You are literally getting more than twice the gun with an Arsenal. There are better than Arsenal, but it'll be at an even higher price point.

Hey, if anyone has something to the contrary of what I said, I will be standing in line right behind the OP. I've been wanting an underfolder myself for a while now.

Lena

Post by Lena »

In late 70's, 6 of us bought a case of milled DF model under fold AK's all in number sequence I can still account for 5 of them, to my knowledge not 1 malfunction with any of them, I have shot cases of ammo through mine, 6 rifles bought, they were $650 THEN NEW IN WOOD CASE. I think myself only they are the best looking of any AK to me. It only took 3 months for the transfer to clear. I have only seen 1 other like them personally, several in movies.
With my supply of AP ammo (bad Chinese) I have had along time mine will shoot about 4-5" at 100 yds. Tried some Lapua and about 2-3" all off bench iron sights, it shoots anything you feed it.
Last edited by Lena on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/produc ... sic-folder

been watching youtube and found this! i think im inlove! lol
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

aaangel wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 pm https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/produc ... sic-folder

been watching youtube and found this! i think im inlove! lol
Nice looking AK47MU
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

AndyC wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 am One day I'll build a Bulgarian underfolder on a milled receiver like I had in Iraq
can you build 2? :lol:
'got to Texas ASAIC.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have a Century Arms WASR-10/63, which I purchased from a friend in need. I overpaid for it, but it was in a good cause. I like the rifle, and it is kind of cool owning an AK, but this particular one doesn’t seem all that accurate. It is good for “minute of man”, but it would not be my first choice for a situation where ethics would require good accuracy. I put a Primary Arms 1-6x scope with a side mount, and in all fairness, it may be the scope mount causing the accuracy problems. But I had to scope it as I bought it before I had my cataract surgery, and the provided iron sights were abysmal - at least for my eyes. I haven’t shot it since I had my eye surgery, so maybe I’ll revisit that. It’s a nice scope though.

I like how the recoil is milder than I thought it would be. I replaced the fixed polymer buttstock that came on it with a Magpul Zhukov folding stock, with an added medium cheek riser. I might someday put a better trigger on it, as the OEM trigger kind of slaps my finger on letoff .... but it isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I appreciate the fact that it includes a pretty decent chrome-lined chamber and barrel - those kinds of things being the heart of any rifle. But that said, this was not a “primo” AKM to begin with. It’s something cobbled together from demilled military parts. It has the welded tabs instead of the dimples inside the magazine well. And although it seems to function smoothly, it does look kind of like it was cobbled together.

When I become king of the world and no longer have to justify expenditures to She Who Must Be Feared, I plan to buy a Rifle Dynamics AK, which should prove to be a more accurate gun. After having owned a SCAR for a while now, and another gas-piston AR that I built, I’ve come to really appreciate the AK platform exactly for what it is.

Although he is a real fanboy of the platform, the dude who owns the AK Operators Union YouTube channel has some pretty good videos about various brands/models of AKs you should avoid, as well as some that are desireable. By the way, one of his favorites is his WASR-10/63 beater rifle, just like mine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:23 pm
aaangel wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 pm
AndyC wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 am One day I'll build a Bulgarian underfolder on a milled receiver like I had in Iraq
can you build 2? :lol:
No, but I'd happily take pictures of you building your own :mrgreen:
Pay no attention to that pirate! He’s been trying to get me to build an AK or FAL for years now. :smilelol5:

....maybe some day....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:08 pm Image
Yeah you. "rlol"

#TINVOWOOT

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Are y’all referring to the Century WASR 10? This may be a dumb question but I’m dumb when it comes to AKs.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”