Memorable Uses of Shotguns in Movies

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Memorable Uses of Shotguns in Movies

Post by KLB »

I really can’t stand much of Hollywood, its largely anti-gun actors or its hypocrisy on violence, but what can I say—sometimes I enjoy a good action shootout. While there are many more bad examples of shotguns in use than there are realistic ones, over the years Hollywood has turned out a few classics. Here are a few of my favorite shotgun scenes, along with my extremely subjective ranking.
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... rgun-fans/

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Memorable Uses of Shotguns in Movies

Post by philip964 »

Original Terminator

Scene in Tech Noir dance club.

Reese nails Arnold multiple times with a sawed off shot gun until the Terminator falls through a big window on to the sidewalk.

But then gets up.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Saw a Western featuring Fred Mc Murry last night. A bad guy shot with a shotgun held by Waler Brenon flew at lest 20’off a horse.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Appaloosa and Hitch's 8 gauge. Even though 10 gauge would have been more common.

Alien Nation and the Street Sweeper with slugs shooting thru a car.

And who can forget Mississippi's sawed off in El Dorado?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Mel Gibson in Road Warrior---"Get the shells,boy!!".....:)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Well, I like shotties bout as much as anyone BUT don't watch TV or go to movies so did not see any of these. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Killing them Softly with Brad Pitt.

Two nincompoops rob a mob poker game. One of the robbers has a shot gun that the barrel has been cut off so short that parts of the sides of the two shot gun shells are visible.

Some of the victims aren’t sure it would even fire if he pulled the trigger and give the robber a hard time, but they end up fearing it would kill everyone in the room, they turn over the money.

It’s the scariest shotgun I have ever seen. It’s never fired so you don’t know, what it would do.

Mob hires Brad Pit to rub out all the robbers.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The shotgun is a very devastating weapon in close quarters. The Germans wanted it banned as a weapon of war in WWI due to it's effectiveness in trench warfare. But I agree with the article on some of it's portrayed uses in movies. I too was disappointed when Doc Holliday, fired three rounds from a double barred shotgun, without reloading, in Tombstone. As well as the many instances, of it causing it's target, to fly backwards, as if hit by a 57 Chevy. The one movie I remember, where it was misportrayed, was in Romancing The Stone, when Michael Douglas, fired from at least 40 yards away, and all of the shot, hit in an area not much larger than the bore.

There is a reason the shotgun, has lasted so long as a viable self defense firearm, despite the fact that it is utilizing a smooth bore, and has a very limited range, and that is because, it can deliver man stopping capabilitiy, effectively, efficiently, and at an affordable price. While there are those who will argue about which firearm, throughout history, has made the greatest contribution, I will argue than none has put more meat on the table, fended off more four legged predators, or protected, more homes, from Intruders, than the shotgun. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

One of my favorites is from the John Wayne movie, El Dorado, when Mississippi gets his shotgun and then later uses it.

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

One of my favorites is Robert Duvall in Open Range with Kevin Costner. It's considered one of the best gun fights in cinema and the scene with the shotgun is an amazing job by the stuntman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YKFVGPUskg
Ron
NRA Member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Let's not forget Micah Torrance's shotgun (sheriff on the Rifleman).
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

Old granny in Every Which Way But Loose

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Syntyr »

Terminator 2 scene with Sarah Conner versus the T2000

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Steve McQueen blasting a patrol car into shards in The Getaway.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”