Whataburger "AR"

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


skeathley
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 am
Location: McKinney, TX
Contact:

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#16

Post by skeathley » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:35 am

I like Whataburger, but, after all, they restrict OC, but are too sleazy to post 30.07. They want to appear pro-gun, but are willing to embarrass people who OC.

:banghead:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

User avatar

jmorris
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: Cibolo
Contact:

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#17

Post by jmorris » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 pm
joe817 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 pm
I don't understand the apparent fixation on Whataburger. They are not even our second fast food choice. :biggrinjester:
What's your first fast food choice? Dairy Queen? :cheers2:
We like Legends and given a choice between Whataburger and Taco Bell, we'll go to Braums.
Having never heard of those two I'll assume they are local burger joints. There are many local burger joints I'd go to first but if I need something fast (food), Whataburger would be first choice. And I don't go to Taco Bell for Mexican food, I go (very rarely) to Taco Bell for Taco Bell food.
Jay E Morris, Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC, Cibolo, Tx
NRA Lifetime
TSRA Lifetime (as of my 2019 official old fart birthday)
NRA Recruiter (link)

User avatar

Noggin
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#18

Post by Noggin » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:43 pm

skeathley wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:35 am
I like Whataburger, but, after all, they restrict OC, but are too sleazy to post 30.07. They want to appear pro-gun, but are willing to embarrass people who OC.

:banghead:
:iagree: so much - it makes them look like Hypercrytes! I still have the card that was handed to me by the manager last time I OC'd there. I shall not be going back. From now on its going to be DQ or Chicken Oil, I dare not try Back in the Jox or my wife will give me grief.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 10242
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#19

Post by carlson1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:01 pm

They are in business so there is no stand they are whatever they are around.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men...
Image

User avatar

sbrawley
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:32 pm
Location: Lubbock

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#20

Post by sbrawley » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 pm
joe817 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 pm
I don't understand the apparent fixation on Whataburger. They are not even our second fast food choice. :biggrinjester:
What's your first fast food choice? Dairy Queen? :cheers2:
We like Legends and given a choice between Whataburger and Taco Bell, we'll go to Braums.
but...but...Braums is an Oklahoma based company.
You've never met America, and you ought to pray you never do -Charlie Daniels
NRA Life Member

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25268
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#21

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am

TreyHouston wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm
I agree with Wataburger! You can’t go putting peoples logos on stuff.
So..... did I do a bad thing here?
Image
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#22

Post by TreyHouston » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:25 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am
TreyHouston wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm
I agree with Wataburger! You can’t go putting peoples logos on stuff.
So..... did I do a bad thing here?
Image
SHAME ON YOU! I hope Hello Kitty comes over and spanks your bootie! :smilelol5:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#23

Post by jason812 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:59 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am
TreyHouston wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm
I agree with Wataburger! You can’t go putting peoples logos on stuff.
So..... did I do a bad thing here?
Image
Is that an official sticker or did you paint or create it yourself?

I think the Whataburger rifle is silly but that's just me. I did like the magazine though. I wonder what Whataburger would say if the artist used officially licensed logos for the build.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2718
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#24

Post by flechero » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Noggin wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:43 pm
I still have the card that was handed to me by the manager last time I OC'd there. I shall not be going back.
Was it something other than his business card? If so can you post a pic of it?

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25268
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#25

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:19 pm

jason812 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:59 pm
Is that an official sticker or did you paint or create it yourself?
It's a sticker that I got online from Amazon. But it is hardly an original idea. I got the idea from AndyC, who put one on a shotgun of his as a joke. I did the same, but never got around to taking it off. I'd actually forgotten about it until this thread.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 10242
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#26

Post by carlson1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:33 pm

B14727BC-24A7-421F-BDB2-086C294F7CE8.jpeg
Image

User avatar

Grumpy1993
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#27

Post by Grumpy1993 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Did Andy Warhol ever get sued for painting those Campbell's Soup Cans?
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3883
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#28

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:38 pm

skeathley wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:35 am
I like Whataburger, but, after all, they restrict OC, but are too sleazy to post 30.07. They want to appear pro-gun, but are willing to embarrass people who OC.

:banghead:
My problem with Whataburger is not that they decided to restrict OC, or even that they are doing so by talking to customers instead of posting signs. My problem is how they went about it.

If you remember, Whataburger publicly announced that they would not allow OC right after the law passed, which was around 6 months before it would even take effect. A rational approach would have been to allow the law to take effect, see if there were any issues, then make a decision. The only reason to make a knee jerk decision and then publicly announce it 6 months ahead of time was to send a message.

I'm not sure if this was simply driven by a childish reaction to a decision that they didn't support 100%, if they were pandering to the anti-gun crowd, or if there really is an anti-freedom sentiment among the leadership of that company. But whatever the reason, it was a slap in the face to those who believe that the purpose of government is to secure the rights and freedoms that we are born with.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

JustSomeOldGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#29

Post by JustSomeOldGuy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:42 am

I think a Grumpy Cat sticker (as in "NO!", "GO AWAY!") would be more appropriate for a 12 ga pump then a Hello Kitty sticker. Well, unless you're implying "say hello to my (not so) little friend". :shock:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

User avatar

Grumpy1993
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Whataburger "AR"

#30

Post by Grumpy1993 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:50 am

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:42 am
I think a Grumpy Cat sticker (as in "NO!", "GO AWAY!") would be more appropriate for a 12 ga pump then a Hello Kitty sticker. Well, unless you're implying "say hello to my (not so) little friend". :shock:
I'll sue! :biggrinjester:
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Post Reply

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”