Recommendations for LH Bolt-Action Rifle?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Stick_Shift
Posts in topic: 2

Recommendations for LH Bolt-Action Rifle?

Post by Stick_Shift »

I get one firearm purchase per year, per SWMBO (and family budget...). This year's is going to a new EDC gun that I've already picked out.

However, I do want a new deer/hog hunting gun/target rifle. I'd like to start getting into some distance shooting. I've settled on a 6.5mm Creedmoor as the caliber I want because it essentially will do both hunting/target shooting for me. But, I'm goofy-footed. I've got a 1973 .30-30 Winchester (not one of the good ones, I know) and it works for the hunting part pretty good, if I'm close. I won't put a scope on it because it ruins the whole aesthetic of a lever-action rifle.

So, are any of my fellow left handers out there and can recommend a good hunting/target rifle? I'd like something I can mount a good scope and a bipod on.
A little luck and a little government is necessary to get along in life, but only a fool trusts either one. - PJ O’Rourke

Grayling813

Re: Recommendations for LH Bolt-Action Rifle?

Post by Grayling813 »

Savage has several models available in left hand, 6.5 Creedmoor.

Link below is filtered by Left Hand, 6.5 Creedmoor
https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=fi ... off&fsamt=

I'm really happy with my Savage 110 in .308

Topic author
Stick_Shift

Post by Stick_Shift »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:21 pm Savage has several models available in left hand, 6.5 Creedmoor.
You're the third or fourth person I've spoken to that recommended the Savage 110. It's something like the oldest continuously used bolt action design still currently in production. I've been leaning in the direction of picking that one, so thank you for your confirmation. Hopefully, next year, the money will be around.
A little luck and a little government is necessary to get along in life, but only a fool trusts either one. - PJ O’Rourke

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

I would have said a savage as well but you didn't specify a budget... you could get crazy but there are some fantastic guns for $1500 and less.
What's the budget?
https://christensenarms.com/mesa/
It's availible in LH and would fill both rolls, nicely.

Tikka also makes a lot of LH guns as well, but no clue what thye offer in 6.5 Creedmoor

I have an older Ruger that has come around with a lot of work, but I wouldn't recommend it going in since it was such a project.

PBratton
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PBratton »

Savage is a very well kept secret it seems.

My favorite bolt action is a Savage.

Next for Lefty's would be Ruger.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Stick_Shift wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:24 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:21 pm Savage has several models available in left hand, 6.5 Creedmoor.
You're the third or fourth person I've spoken to that recommended the Savage 110. It's something like the oldest continuously used bolt action design still currently in production. I've been leaning in the direction of picking that one, so thank you for your confirmation. Hopefully, next year, the money will be around.
Savage 110 Storm $684 at GrabAGun.
https://grabagun.com/savage-110-storm-6 ... 22-lh.html

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”