Henry announces X Model Series

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Henry announces X Model Series

Post by Grayling813 »

https://www.henryusa.com/news/x-model-series-launch/
BAYONNE, NJ – January 21, 2020 – Henry is introducing a highly anticipated new product line today with the X Model series, a concept that was first teased at the 2018 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits in Dallas, TX. All the firearms included in this new product launch are designed from the ground up to bring unparalleled versatility and utility to not only Henry’s line of rifles and shotguns, but the lever action platform in general. All five models are now available nationwide from licensed firearms dealers with an MSRP across the board of $970.00.

Anthony Imperato, President and owner of Henry Repeating Arms says, “The sheer volume of positive feedback we received about the concept guns we brought to Dallas was incredible, and this type of strong feedback is what tends to drive our product development plans.” Imperato continues, “It’s exciting to kick off the year with such a highly requested line of firearms and finally make these guns a reality.”

The X Model series consists of the Big Boy platform, chambered in .44 Mag/.44 Spl, .357 Mag./.38 Spl, and .45 Colt, a lever action .410 shotgun, and another rifle chambered in .45-70 Government. All five models sport durable and lightweight synthetic furniture with a solid rubber recoil pad on the pistol-gripped buttstock, Picatinny and M-Lok accessory slots on the forestock, and integrated sling swivel studs. The matte blued steel receivers utilize a side loading gate to keep the removable tube magazine loaded and they are all drilled and tapped to accept an optics mount. The rifles are all threaded at the muzzle end with a 5/8×24 thread pitch to accommodate a suppressor or other muzzle device. The shotgun’s smooth bore barrel is threaded internally for a removable invector style choke and contrasting fiber optic sights adorn all of the X Models with the .410 shotgun variation using only a front sight.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Henry announces X Model Series

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’d consider the Big Boy X as an adjunct to my TRR8 .357 mag revolver, but I’m REALLY waiting for them to bring out a blued version of the .30-30 side-loader. Still waiting.....
:totap:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Oh those evil black guns. :drool:

I don’t need another Henry.

I sure wouldn’t mind one in 45-70.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wmk »

Dang, one of those in .357/38 Spl is sure tempting! :drool:
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

n5wmk wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 am Dang, one of those in .357/38 Spl is sure tempting! :drool:
Same. If/when they offer one with wood vs. the plastic stock and forend I’m in for one in .357/.38 to throw a suppressor on.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

SigM4 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:42 pm
n5wmk wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 am Dang, one of those in .357/38 Spl is sure tempting! :drool:
Same. If/when they offer one with wood vs. the plastic stock and forend I’m in for one in .357/.38 to throw a suppressor on.
They do have a few, just without the side loading gate.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

C-dub wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:09 pm
That’s the problem though, you really need the side loading gate, otherwise you’re removing the suppressor each time you load it.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

SigM4 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:50 pm
C-dub wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:09 pm
That’s the problem though, you really need the side loading gate, otherwise you’re removing the suppressor each time you load it.
How difficult is it to switch out the stock? May be an option if you don't feel like waiting.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

I also wonder how hard it would be to put a picatinny rail on the top of the receiver. Wouldn't mind tossing an aimpoint micro on one for a brush gun.
NRA Benefactor Member

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

What about a .41 Special/.41 Mag? ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

Years ago I dyed to wood to black on my 16” .357 Rossi 92. I also put the available rail on that replaces the rear sight so I could mount a red dot. But mine is the stainless model instead of being all tactical black. I haven’t threaded the muzzle yet since the mag tube is flush with it.

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Jago668 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:48 pm I also wonder how hard it would be to put a picatinny rail on the top of the receiver. Wouldn't mind tossing an aimpoint micro on one for a brush gun.
Receiver is tapped & drilled for mounting optics. Should be fairly simple to mount a rail...assuming of course that Henry didn't do something proprietary!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jago668 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:48 pm I also wonder how hard it would be to put a picatinny rail on the top of the receiver. Wouldn't mind tossing an aimpoint micro on one for a brush gun.
XS Sight Systems makes a rail for Marlins. I have one on my 336BL. I’d be surprised if they weren’t working on one to fit Henrys.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:26 pm
XS Sight Systems makes a rail for Marlins. I have one on my 336BL. I’d be surprised if they weren’t working on one to fit Henrys.
Looks like Henry already has a picatinny rail for Big Boy rifles
https://henrypride.com/collections/rifl ... 9603624716

Now if the rifles would actually show up somewhere so I can buy one!

TexasVet

Post by TexasVet »

How would this compare to the Henry Dark 38/357 - https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/70412
That one already come with the XS rail and extra round capacity.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”