Say Hello to MAYHEM...

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
PUCKER
Posts in topic: 4

Say Hello to MAYHEM...

Post by PUCKER »

A semi-auto assault-type 12 gage shotgun has been on my “acquire” list for awhile...well, it’s been acquired! Say hello to MAYHEM, an AR-12 style shotgun! It’s a Citadel BR-99 magazine fed 12 gage. A nasty machine. When you hear on the news of “big men with BIG guns” this is probably what they should show... :biggrinjester:

It should hopefully handle any aggressors...
A5A493F7-8F82-40EB-AEC1-6976292E7EC3.jpeg

E150GT
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Say Hello to MAYHEM...

Post by E150GT »

Nice

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

It’s hard to argue with a shotgun. Literally.

Even Smokey Joe approves of 12 gauge......when fired out of your bedroom window.....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Nice TAM :biggrinjester:

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

Once you've had a chance to put some lead down range, let us know what you think of it.

I've been looking for one myself. But I'd been looking at the Panzer arms version of it.

I like what I see of the Citadel though.

I also want to add a Keltec KSG to the lineup.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Ya know, a mag-fed 12 gauge hasn't really been on my to-do list, but there's a certain...appeal should a handful of armed and committed home invaders choose to break through the front floor-to ceiling window. Probably need a moment to slap on hearing protection, though, since I don't think a suppressor would really be an option.

Does Citadel still make the BR99? I see it for sale and in stock on some websites, but the Citadel page at Legacy Sports https://www.legacysports.com/catalog/citadel/, who I gather is the licensed importer, shows the BOSS-25 and the AK-style RSS1, but no BR99.

The specs I found at Prepper Gun Shop for the 99 said that it comes with two 5-round mags, and that it will also accept other magazines like Rock Island's VR80 (MKA 1919).

Dangit. I hate when you guys show off your new family members. The pocketbook screams "No! No!" and the brain screams "Yes! Now!"
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

clarionite - will do! TGE is a few blocks from my office, need to inquire about shotguns being OK there...

Rafe - exactly why I acquired it...and I plan on getting 10 rounders (or more) soon!

So, I believe that it is imported by Citadel as I see the BR-99 under previous names. From what I can tell, it is made in Turkey and has been imported by various companies over the past few years. :tiphat:

The Annoyed Man

Rafe wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:18 pm Ya know, a mag-fed 12 gauge hasn't really been on my to-do list, but there's a certain...appeal should a handful of armed and committed home invaders choose to break through the front floor-to ceiling window. Probably need a moment to slap on hearing protection, though, since I don't think a suppressor would really be an option.

Does Citadel still make the BR99? I see it for sale and in stock on some websites, but the Citadel page at Legacy Sports https://www.legacysports.com/catalog/citadel/, who I gather is the licensed importer, shows the BOSS-25 and the AK-style RSS1, but no BR99.

The specs I found at Prepper Gun Shop for the 99 said that it comes with two 5-round mags, and that it will also accept other magazines like Rock Island's VR80 (MKA 1919).

Dangit. I hate when you guys show off your new family members. The pocketbook screams "No! No!" and the brain screams "Yes! Now!"
https://silencerco.com/silencers/salvo-12/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:27 am
Rafe wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:18 pm Ya know, a mag-fed 12 gauge hasn't really been on my to-do list, but there's a certain...appeal should a handful of armed and committed home invaders choose to break through the front floor-to ceiling window. Probably need a moment to slap on hearing protection, though, since I don't think a suppressor would really be an option.

But...but...isn't that just a wee bit lengthy for a home defense gun?
:biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man

Rafe wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:44 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:27 am

But...but...isn't that just a wee bit lengthy for a home defense gun?
:biggrinjester:
If that shotgun suppressor will fit on that hunting shotgun, it will fit on his AR12. :mrgreen:

Me.... I have a suppressed SBR and a suppressed pistol for HD.

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:18 pm If that shotgun suppressor will fit on that hunting shotgun, it will fit on his AR12. :mrgreen:

Me.... I have a suppressed SBR and a suppressed pistol for HD.
Well, yeah. But that Citadel BR99 shows to be an OAL of 39.4"; so almost 52" with the full-size 12.5" Salvo 12 on it. And...<scribble, scribble>...call it 1.6oz per 00 shell and throw in the magazine for free, so about 10oz for 6 rounds of ammo + 120oz for the gun + 34oz for the big can = a working weight of 10.25 pounds...with almost 21% of that weight hanging at the end farthest from your shoulder.

I'm totally with you. If I had my preference for a primary HD gun, I'd take your suppressed SBR over what I currently use. And very much agreed on the suppressed handgun, too. But if I had an imbalanced 4.4-feet-long behemoth inside my house and had to use it, I know I'd be knocking it into every door frame, wall, stair rail, and piece of furniture I got near. I mean, heck, the setup would be several inches longer than my widest hallways are wide. And I wonder what a freestanding mag change would be like with something that long and front-heavy.

No doubt the right person in the right residence could use it like Rambo. But I'd look more like Barney Fife trying to use a Ma Deuce in an airplane bathroom.

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Puck....

Please do provide feedback on the performance of the weapon.

It looks like something that ms gamboolgal and I might "need"

gamboolman.... :txflag:
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

That thing looks awesome. Shoot some dragon's breath through it and send us a video!

Very nice. I might "need" to acquire a semi-auto variant of the AA-12 now.

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

I’ve got Mayhem setup with a nice tactical light and I’m in process of ordering a sling mount (as an add on to my favorite sling) as well as some 10 round mags. Will give a report once I test at the range. The “problem” is that I’ve acquired 4 new peacekeepers in the past few months and I don’t want to use too much ammo...

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Unless suppressed goose hunting is the primary use of the gun, cutting the barrel to the minimum legal length might make it a bit more practical for the HD role.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”