Recommendations for starter rifle for daughter

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

grim-bob
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Recommendations for starter rifle for daughter

Post by grim-bob »

I couldn't resist one more response...

If looking at buying a rifle then tons of options out there. Fit is most important. Plenty of options all along the cost spectrum. Bolt actions will be most cost effective. On the cheaper end there are youth/compact sized version from savage axis, ruger american and other brands. For my daughter we stepped up a little to the Savage 110 apex hunter package which comes with a Vortex scope and the stock is adjustable for length. Scope is good enough for most uses. Was quick to get it sized to my daughter to start by removing the stock shims originally and then just added a shim back when we refitted this year to start prepping for this season. It's a gun she can shoot as is her whole life or upgrade as much as she might want in the future since it is on Savage action. Might not be important to them but long term use is something we looked for... Tons of choices out there though.
Josh

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”