stag arms stag -10

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

stag arms stag -10

Post by powerboatr »

stag 10s.jpg
SO i never thought i would want this style of rifle, but my friend has one and its a sweet bit of steel.

hard pill to swallow with it decked out with normal hunting things, runs right at 2k ,

truglo scope eminus 24, 18" barrel, adjustable butt stock for cheek and length, m lok bipod.

any thoughts? :clapping:

picked it up later (edit) this morning :rules:

we got a sweet deal on a lease of about 400 acres, 12 month lease and can harvest any legal critter , plus all the hogs we can harvest. (food)
so this puppy will be dropped in to service alongside the savage 308 .
Last edited by powerboatr on Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Re: stag arms stag -10

Post by cmgee67 »

One thing to keep in mind, is that most of the time firearm accessories don’t add to the value of the gun. What if you hate the add on’s and put new ones on it. Well then you lost money. I’d look up the book value of that rifle and go from there.

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

agreed, thats why i only went with a standard hand rail, but did splurge on the scope , stock and bipod. the stock with its many adjustments, equals buy in from my wife. she commented it was comfortable for her, she is 5 feet where as i am a shade over 6 3".

299 for scope, 1400 for unit, 170 for stock, which i thought was a bit high, but he dropped 10% of it with a guarantee if i dont like it he will buy that back and put the stock one on

we shall see soon
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I think it’s purrdy :drool:

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Love the Luth AR stocks, I've got one on a recent build that's almost finished and another on a Howa 1500.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

the adjustable stock is a huge GOOD plus for my wife. We spent hours with my friends, adjusting and getting a feel for it. she loved it. this rifle is a few pounds lighter than his, so she should like it even more.

hopefully we get to warm up the barrel tomorrow.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 pm the adjustable stock is a huge GOOD plus for my wife. We spent hours with my friends, adjusting and getting a feel for it. she loved it. this rifle is a few pounds lighter than his, so she should like it even more.

With a .308, "a few pounds lighter" also equals "noticeably more perceived recoil". That’s good.....maybe it won’t become "her" rifle. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:13 am
powerboatr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 pm the adjustable stock is a huge GOOD plus for my wife. We spent hours with my friends, adjusting and getting a feel for it. she loved it. this rifle is a few pounds lighter than his, so she should like it even more.

With a .308, "a few pounds lighter" also equals "noticeably more perceived recoil". That’s good.....maybe it won’t become "her" rifle. :mrgreen:
:biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: i made that mistake with the 1967 colt 1911, she fired it once and i lost it. its so smooth and well made

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

I am looking for a good sling that attaches to the hand guard and somewhere near the butt stock or on it, similar to what i have on my savage bolt action 308.
everyone wants to sell a strap like you would use that attaches only right near the butt stock connection and goes around your shoulder. so i have only one point of contact on the rifle, which really interferes with shooting in the kneeling or standing position where i could use the strap to aid support to the extended arm holding the hand guard

i had thought to get a mount for the hand guard and use my sling off the savage, but attaching it to butt stock seems to be an issue. any advice?

or am i doing it wrong :mrgreen:

found this on luth webpage
https://www.luth-ar.com/product/grovtec ... g-swivels/

well a bit more digging and magpul and grovetec have what i am looking for...of course OUT OF STOCK this may be why shops try selling me the tactical style

teraph

Post by teraph »

I've used a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling for years. I usually attach mine using 550 cord to the front of my rifles (if I don't have a mounting point) and just thread it through the rear. The main reason I like them, is that they are quick adjust so I can tighten or loosen the sling up quickly. Whether its a support for shooting, or working with both hands or trying to get over obstacles. And the padded one (linked) is awesome when carrying heavier rifles.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling
This We'll Defend

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

teraph wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:32 pm I've used a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling for years. I usually attach mine using 550 cord to the front of my rifles (if I don't have a mounting point) and just thread it through the rear. The main reason I like them, is that they are quick adjust so I can tighten or loosen the sling up quickly. Whether its a support for shooting, or working with both hands or trying to get over obstacles. And the padded one (linked) is awesome when carrying heavier rifles.

thank you.

today i finally got some range time in, 75 yard with a few outliers, pretty happy, once i got is dialed in better.
range 75 yard.jpg
slowly walked them in and everything felt right for about 40 rounds, then it was steel discs at 125 yards shaped like hogs

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

teraph wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:32 pm I've used a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling for years. I usually attach mine using 550 cord to the front of my rifles (if I don't have a mounting point) and just thread it through the rear. The main reason I like them, is that they are quick adjust so I can tighten or loosen the sling up quickly. Whether its a support for shooting, or working with both hands or trying to get over obstacles. And the padded one (linked) is awesome when carrying heavier rifles.

+1 on the Vicker's. I had a single point, that I made myself, it would detach and become a two point, but with no adjustment. Check out their sling hardware also, you should be able to find the attachment, that will work best for you.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:33 pm

+1 on the Vicker's. I had a single point, that I made myself, it would detach and become a two point, but with no adjustment. Check out their sling hardware also, you should be able to find the attachment, that will work best for you.
+3 on the Vickers slings. I have 3 of them—2 padded, and one not.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”