Rattle can paint job

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rattle can paint job

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ve been contemplating doing this to one of my carbines.....but I’m lazy, so it remains in the contemplative stage. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
74novaman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 74novaman »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 am I’ve been contemplating doing this to one of my carbines.....but I’m lazy, so it remains in the contemplative stage. :lol:
If it helps you make the leap, I spent maybe 2 hours on this, including waiting time between coats.

Best advice I got was someone who said the gun he spent the absolute most time prepping/painting/working on is the one that looks the worst. So I tried to keep it simple and short.

Degrease, light colored base coat, touch up base coat, one coat of darker color 1 through foilage or mesh, one coat of darker color 2 through the same.

Cheap, easy, fast.

Supposedly giving it a few days to cure before shooting it helps the finish stay on longer. I won't get to shoot it until tomorrow, so I guess I'm doing things the "right" way thanks to my schedule.

I too have a lot of projects all on the back burner, but this one was easy to knock out in an afternoon.
TANSTAAFL

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Nice paint job. I ran across the video below today on painting AR with Krylon Camo paint and stencil from Primary Arm.

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

Very nicely done!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”