.410 slug mold from Russia (with love)

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: .410 slug mold from Russia (with love)

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:25 am Thank you; I was actually hoping for a bit tighter and I've emailed Yildiz to ask for another Full and (if available) Extra Full chokes.

The slug-testing has been held-up due to an argument between UPS and USPS as to who has my package of wads, so Midway has sent another set which are scheduled for Friday.
It appears there's a shot cup inside the case holding the shot and also providing a seal. Would it be possible to cut two or three cardboard wads to place over the powder charge and then invert the shot cup with the base at the mouth of the case with a slight crimp. That might hold the shot together longer. You would probably have to fill the shot cup and place it on a flat surface and put the inverted case on top of it. I used to but two piece shot capsules for my .38/357 revolvers. Can't remember what the brand was, but maybe there are .44 caliber versions. That would simplify loading as well.

I just checked the web. It was Speer that made them and the do make them in .44 cal.
https://www.speer.com/bullets/shot_caps ... -8782.html
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”