Questions about Arkansas college campus

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Questions about Arkansas college campus

Post by n5wmk »

In a few weeks, I'll be traveling to the Fayetteville area for a car event. Most of the event is centered at a hotel in nearby Bentonville, but the final day car show is on the U of A campus at the Agri Park.

I plan to carry concealed, with an understanding of Arkansas's reciprocity with Texas. I've read up on their laws, and I think that I understand that concealed carry is legal on the campus, but I thought I'd ask for the expert collective opinion here.

Thanks! :txflag:
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Questions about Arkansas college campus

Post by Oldgringo »

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

You must have an Arkansas ‘enhanced’ license.
Note: You must have additional training and an Endorsement on your Arkansas License to Carry to carry on Public University/College Campuses. This option is only available to those with an Arkansas License to Carry with Endorsement and not with another states permit/license Arkansas honors. Handgunlaw.us recommends you read all of 5-73-305 , 5-73-306 and 5-73-322 if going to carry on a University/College campus as they are very long and the entire contents can’t be put here. Also the Endorsement can allow the person to carry in public buildings while those with a regular license to carry issued by Arkansas can’t carry. The AR AG has put out an opinion (2017-062) stating that publically owned buildings that serve alcohol can ban those with an endorsement from carrying there by posting a sign.
More information will become available from the AG and/or Arkansas State Police in the future and will be added here.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

Also
.C.A. § 5-73-306(13)
(A) A school, college, community college, or university campus building or event.
(B) However, subdivision (13)(A) does not apply to:
(i) A kindergarten through grade twelve (K- 12) private school operated by a church or other place of worship that:
(a) Is located on the developed property of the kindergarten through grade twelve (K-12) private school;
(b) Allows the licensee to carry a concealed handgun into the church or other place of worship under this section; and
(c) Allows the licensee to possess a concealed handgun on the developed property of the kindergarten through grade twelve (K-12) private school under A.C.A. § 5-73-119(e).
(ii) A kindergarten through grade twelve (K- 12) private school or prekindergarten private school that through its governing board or director has set forth the rules and circumstances under which the licensee may carry a concealed handgun into a building or event of the kindergarten through grade twelve (K-12) private school or the prekindergarten private school;
(iii) Participation in an authorized firearms- related activity;
(iv) Carrying a concealed handgun as authorized under A.C.A. § 5-73-322; or
(v) A publicly owned and maintained parking lot of a college, community college, or university if the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun in his or her motor vehicle or has left the concealed handgun in his or her locked and unattended motor vehicle.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Other States”