Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

TN: Permitless carry advances

Post by ELB »

https://www.wsmv.com/news/tennessee/sen ... 93525.html
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Senate on Thursday advanced legislation that would allow most adults 21 and older to carry firearms — concealed or openly — without a license that now requires a background check and training.nd training.
USAF 1982-2005

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TN: Permitless carry advances

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Assuming something like this passes, how does this impact reciprocity? You couldn’t carry in other states unless you got their permit & some states don’t issue to non-residents.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Texas_Blaze wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:40 pm Assuming something like this passes, how does this impact reciprocity? You couldn’t carry in other states unless you got their permit & some states don’t issue to non-residents.
I think you answered your own question.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Texas_Blaze wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:40 pm Assuming something like this passes, how does this impact reciprocity? You couldn’t carry in other states unless you got their permit & some states don’t issue to non-residents.
So far as I know, every state that has permitless carry also offers a carry license to those of their residents who want one—exactly for this reason.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

howdy

Post by howdy »

I know there are some people who will not like this reply. I am against permit less (Constitutional) carry. I am a big 2nd Amendment advocate but we have it too good here in Texas to just open it up. Do you remember after the open carry law was passed? Many establishments posted the 30.07 AND 30.06 signs. I can only imagine the response of the anti gunners and the new signs that will block ALL carry in a privately held business/Church/you name it. Again, it will only affect those who are legally carrying and not the bad guys. A LTC is too easy to get in Texas.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Tennessee House passed the bill a couple days ago, on to the Governor whom I believe has stated he would sign it if it got to his desk.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... s-carry-g/
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Other States”