CA semiauto ban for adults under 21 ruled unconstitutional

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

CA semiauto ban for adults under 21 ruled unconstitutional

Post by rtschl »

A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday ruled that California's ban on the sale of semiautomatic weapons to adults under 21 is unconstitutional, a move gun-rights advocates hope will pave the way for similar rulings in other courts.

And this was the 9th Circuit.

However, the ruling was not a total victory for gun rights advocates.
They had sought to block the state from requiring a hunting license for purchases of rifles or shotguns by adults under 21 who are not in the military or law enforcement.
The court ruled the hunting license requirement was reasonable for increasing public safety through "sensible firearm control."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-g ... onal-court
Ron
NRA Member

C-dub

Re: CA semiauto ban for adults under 21 ruled unconstitutional

Post by C-dub »

Unless I missed it, the article doesn't say if it was en banc or only a 3-judge panel. It seem like anytime the 9th Circuit rules in favor of gun rights (2nd Amendment) it is only a 3-judge panel that gets overturned later by the full court.

The requirement of a hunting license also seems contrary and unconstitutional. They get half of it correct and probably think it is a compromise. We want all our dang cake back. :banghead:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

C-dub wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:08 pm Unless I missed it, the article doesn't say if it was en banc or only a 3-judge panel. It seem like anytime the 9th Circuit rules in favor of gun rights (2nd Amendment) it is only a 3-judge panel that gets overturned later by the full court.

The requirement of a hunting license also seems contrary and unconstitutional. They get half of it correct and probably think it is a compromise. We want all our dang cake back. :banghead:
I read somewhere that it was a 3 judge panel. Vote was 2 to 1

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. a 3-judge panel on the 9th Circuit rules in favor of gun rights, the commies get it kicked up to the full en-banc court, and the favorable ruling gets overturned. Now, in other areas of litigation, the plaintiff can maybe get SCOTUS to take the case, and once again overrule the most-overruled appellate court in the country. But it seems like SCOTUS is historically slow (at least in my lifetime) to grant certiorari in gun rights cases…which means that the 9th Circuit Appellate Court is where gun rights go to die in California.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Other States”