Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Jsstx2
Posts in topic: 2

North Dakota LTC process

Post by Jsstx2 »

Hi Forum members.

I have held Texas LTC for 10 years and I am checking into what other states LTC's would be useful to obtain.

Looks like a non-resident North Dakota class#1 LTC would pickup a few states where the Texas LTC is not honored (Washington, Maine, New Hampshire, and Minnesota). The largest downside of the ND license is that you must do the mandatory training class within the state.

Has anyone gone through that process and obtained a non-resident ND license ? Do you have any experiences you want to share about the process ?

Thanks.

Jon

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: North Dakota LTC process

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Jsstx2 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:22 pm Hi Forum members.

I have held Texas LTC for 10 years and I am checking into what other states LTC's would be useful to obtain.

Looks like a non-resident North Dakota class#1 LTC would pickup a few states where the Texas LTC is not honored (Washington, Maine, New Hampshire, and Minnesota). The largest downside of the ND license is that you must do the mandatory training class within the state.

Has anyone gone through that process and obtained a non-resident ND license ? Do you have any experiences you want to share about the process ?

Thanks.

Jon
By "in the state" do you mean they make you go there to take it? Sounds like a lot of trouble unless you visit those other areas often.I'm no expert so maybe others can answer this question. Aren't some non-resident LTC's exempt from being reciprocal?

When I took my Utah class, there was a guy in the class who had like 12-15 licenses from different states. He was collecting them...LOL. I think he is/was a member on this forum.

Topic author
Jsstx2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: North Dakota LTC process

Post by Jsstx2 »

Hi 03Lightningrocks.

Yes - "in state" meaning we have to make a overnight trip there to do the 8 hour course and range qualification.
True, in some states, a non-res LTC is worthless. I am still researching whether the non-res ND license is limited.

Return to “Other States”