Georgia Passes Constitutional Carry

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Georgia Passes Constitutional Carry

Post by Vol Texan »

https://www.based-politics.com/2022/04/02/georgia-constitutional-carry-new-law-is-a-huge-2nd-amendment-win/

From the article:
Georgia’s state Senate passed the state’s constitutional carry bill on Friday, setting Georgia up to become the 25th state in the union to not require a permit to carry concealed firearms for legal gun owners,” Fox News reports. “The 34-22 vote sends the bill to the desk of GOP Gov. Brian Kemp, who is expected to sign it. The bill passed the state House on Wednesday.
That’s 10 states in just the last two years. And it’s still possible that Florida will pass constitutional carry this year.

In fact, it’s enough to make some wonder just how this happened. After all, in 2018, it seemed pro-gun gains were unlikely for the foreseeable future. The tragic Parkland school shooting had just happened, and a traumatized nation was desperate for answers. The mainstream media and gun control activists pushed hard for their anti-gun policies and seemed to have the momentum.

That held for the rest of that year and the next.

However, when the pandemic hit, people got scared. They didn’t know what was coming, so they wanted to be ready. They bought firearms at a record-breaking rate. They bought out gun store inventories, then reached out to online outlets, sure they would find a ready source, only to learn they’d been lied to about how easy it was to buy a gun via the internet.

A lot of people became educated about the Second Amendment and the current state of gun laws.

Then, of course, we have President Joe Biden.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Georgia Passes Constitutional Carry

Post by Chemist45 »

That makes 25. By the end of the year, over half the states will have CC.
I believe that is called a tipping point.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

:cheers2: :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:patriot: :patriot:

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Chemist45 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:36 pm That makes 25. By the end of the year, over half the states will have CC.
I hope that you are correct. I have no expectation that we will get the last eleven hard core anti-gun states to accept Constitutional Carry but getting to the halfway mark might help pull in a few more that have been holding back. it will be interesting to see if FL is one of those.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:58 am
Chemist45 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:36 pm That makes 25. By the end of the year, over half the states will have CC.
I hope that you are correct. I have no expectation that we will get the last eleven hard core anti-gun states to accept Constitutional Carry but getting to the halfway mark might help pull in a few more that have been holding back. it will be interesting to see if FL is one of those.
I read somewhere that Florida is working on constitutional carry legislation right now.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:44 pm
I read somewhere that Florida is working on constitutional carry legislation right now.
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/j ... d-n1586198
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:21 pm
The left is being hoist by its own petard. They created panic in the streets during leftist rioting. They encouraged a 5th column in the Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”). They refused to arrest and punish AntiFa arsonists and looters. They are the ones who release rapists and murderers without even a trial, to rape and murder again. They created Covid lockdowns, and the suppression of constitutional rights in pursuit of that agenda. They are enacting the economic policies which are decreasing the purchasing power of Joe Sixpack's dollar. They created the conditions that caused more guns to be sold to first time buyers over the last 2 years than ever before. So it is no surprise that the constitutional carry floodgates opened.

This is just The People responding to the 5th Generation warfare being waged against them by their own gov’t. There’s something afoot…in the air…whatever you want to call it…and people are responding to it

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

TAM wrote:
The left is being hoist by its own petard. They created panic in the streets during leftist rioting. They encouraged a 5th column in the Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”). They refused to arrest and punish AntiFa arsonists and looters. They are the ones who release rapists and murderers without even a trial, to rape and murder again.
You called it, sir. I believe the plan was to let Antifa cause mayhem, encourage the looters, arsonists, murderers and rapists and drive crime sky high thinking that the people would then demand gun control.
They were wrong. The plan backfired.

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Boxerrider »

Chemist45 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:45 pm TAM wrote:
The left is being hoist by its own petard. They created panic in the streets during leftist rioting. They encouraged a 5th column in the Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”). They refused to arrest and punish AntiFa arsonists and looters. They are the ones who release rapists and murderers without even a trial, to rape and murder again.
You called it, sir. I believe the plan was to let Antifa cause mayhem, encourage the looters, arsonists, murderers and rapists and drive crime sky high thinking that the people would then demand gun control.
They were wrong. The plan backfired.
Not just gun control, they want the states to request federal law enforcement.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:28 pm
The left is being hoist by its own petard. They created panic in the streets during leftist rioting. They encouraged a 5th column in the Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”). They refused to arrest and punish AntiFa arsonists and looters. They are the ones who release rapists and murderers without even a trial, to rape and murder again. They created Covid lockdowns, and the suppression of constitutional rights in pursuit of that agenda. They are enacting the economic policies which are decreasing the purchasing power of Joe Sixpack's dollar. They created the conditions that caused more guns to be sold to first time buyers over the last 2 years than ever before. So it is no surprise that the constitutional carry floodgates opened.

This is just The People responding to the 5th Generation warfare being waged against them by their own gov’t. There’s something afoot…in the air…whatever you want to call it…and people are responding to it

Great video. Lot of good stuff in there, but I think the best advice is at the end... Central to fighting a 5th Gen war is more about turning off the TV and going outside and living your life with your family.

Outside of Sleeping, Americans Spend Most of Their Time Watching Television

TV these days is all about brainwashing and the resultant in-activity is literally killing people who spend too much time watching it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:08 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:28 pm

Great video. Lot of good stuff in there, but I think the best advice is at the end... Central to fighting a 5th Gen war is more about turning off the TV and going outside and living your life with your family.

Outside of Sleeping, Americans Spend Most of Their Time Watching Television

TV these days is all about brainwashing and the resultant in-activity is literally killing people who spend too much time watching it.
Absolutely. I couldn’t agree more. I haven’t even had cable tv for about 3 years now.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Other States”