Why no West Virginia reciprocity?

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
hirundo82
Posts in topic: 1

Why no West Virginia reciprocity?

Post by hirundo82 »

Why doesn't Texas have CHL reciprocity with West Virginia? I ask because, when I visit my parents in Virginia, the nearest free range is in West Virginia (George Washington National Forest). It's not like open carry would be a huge deal--it is a national forest after all, and I probably would OC anyway-- but every additional state helps promote our RKBA.
WV is shall-issue, issues permits at 21, and conducts background checks on applicants. They make reciprocity agreements (VA and KY so far, plus a number of states recognize their permit). The only issue is that permits are issued by the sheriff of each county, but it appears to be relatively standardized as far as I can tell from PDO, and it does not seem to have stopped reciprocity agreements before--Idaho, Colorado, Missouri, North Carolina and more have reciprocity agreements with Texas, and have their permits issued by the county sheriff.
After all, every state counts. Maybe someone can tell me why we do not have reciprocity--I will not make any disparaging comments about inbreeding or the illiteracy of WV licensees here even though I should be obligated to do so as a native Virginian ;-) . Just kidding--I know lots of West Virginians who are very nice people AND know the alphabet. :razz:

But in all seriousness, why not West Virginia? Am I missing something, or has West Virginia simply been overlooked?

tomneal

West Virginia

Post by tomneal »

The problem is with West Virginia not Texas.

Take a look at Packing.org

There are only two states with reciprocity.
Kentucky and Virginia

Apparently West Virginia is one of thoses states that only has reciprocity with the ajoining states.

AND

They don't even recognize Ohio or Pennsylvania.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Texasdoc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Texasdoc »

I have about 600 acres of them as thats what my back pasture is. I have moved them to the back of the 1300 I live on.

I have a lots to spare and would gladly send then and pay the shipping cost.

300shooter

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I agree on the West-by-God-Virginia recprocity. I have been known to work there occaisionally and must open carry. I do have a Virginia permit if and when WV decides to honor VA non-res. I am not sure if WV has even been approached by the TX AG. I would have thought SC would have been more difficult, but they managed that state. A WV friend told me to "Shoot, go 'head 'n' pack concealed 'cause them troopers dont keer. Just leave it open in the car 'n' just tell'm your frum Texas jist vistin'.

:roll:

I am not a test case.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

300shooter wrote:I have about 600 acres of them as thats what my back pasture is. I have moved them to the back of the 1300 I live on.

I have a lots to spare and would gladly send then and pay the shipping cost.

300shooter

On second thought, that might be a bit extreme.

We could just send a few dozen "wild hogs" (sort of a shot across the bow). If that didn't work, then the wretched fire ants!

Oh yeah, gun content: I like 1911's.

Texasdoc

Post by Texasdoc »

Hey Flintnapper, i have them also and will be sending a few dozen that way soon.

I have the trap set and will have them by teh end of the week. :grin: :grin:

300shooter

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

300shooter wrote:Hey Flintknapper, i have them also and will be sending a few dozen that way soon.

I have the trap set and will have them by the end of the week. :grin: :grin:

300shooter
I appreciate the thought, but we're pretty "covered up" already.

IH8HOGS. :mad:

(gun content): I hope Alabama will soon become reciprocal as well.

Return to “Other States”