Chicago Police Chief Interview

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Chicago Police Chief Interview

Post by Rrash »

“You say concealed carry I say Trayvon Martin. Police officers make mistakes all the time,” McCarthy said. “We spend six months in the police academy, six months of field training and ongoing training on a regular basis and the fact is once in a while we’re going to shoot someone with a cellphone; we’re going to shoot somebody with a flashlight and none of that is okay. But now you take John Q. Civilian, you give them six weeks or 10 weeks of training and you say ‘have at it?’ The fact is more guns are not the solution to the firearm gun violence problem in this country. Less guns and reasonable gun laws are. And just because it’s 49 states to one doesn’t mean the state of Illinois is wrong on that one.
Sounds like Chicago Police Chief Garry McCarthy could be a cartoon character for gun control & trigger happy police forces. Not only does he alienate law abiding citizen and show disregard for the safety of victims of violent crime, he also seems to subscribe to the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. I had to chuckle at the last sentence. He seems proud to live in a state of denial.

Man am I glad I don't live in Chicago.

http://noozsaurus.com/chicago-top-cop-w ... -carriers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VMI77

Re: Chicago Police Chief Interview

Post by VMI77 »

Rrash wrote:
“You say concealed carry I say Trayvon Martin. Police officers make mistakes all the time,” McCarthy said. “We spend six months in the police academy, six months of field training and ongoing training on a regular basis and the fact is once in a while we’re going to shoot someone with a cellphone; we’re going to shoot somebody with a flashlight and none of that is okay. But now you take John Q. Civilian, you give them six weeks or 10 weeks of training and you say ‘have at it?’ The fact is more guns are not the solution to the firearm gun violence problem in this country. Less guns and reasonable gun laws are. And just because it’s 49 states to one doesn’t mean the state of Illinois is wrong on that one.
Sounds like Chicago Police Chief Garry McCarthy could be a cartoon character for gun control & trigger happy police forces. Not only does he alienate law abiding citizen and show disregard for the safety of victims of violent crime, he also seems to subscribe to the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. I had to chuckle at the last sentence. He seems proud to live in a state of denial.

Man am I glad I don't live in Chicago.

http://noozsaurus.com/chicago-top-cop-w ... -carriers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Uh, if John Q. Civilian (I guess Chicago must be under martial law if the cops aren't civilians) shoots someone armed with a cell phone or flashlight he goes to prison.

Funny, my son was going to school in Chicago and after graduation, missed his late evening flight. His intended destination was Austin but he told the airline he didn't care what flight they put him on as long as he didn't have to spend another night in Chicago. :smilelol5:
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

I dont need training to realize when I or my loved ones are being threatened.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

tms119

Post by tms119 »

As a former Illinois resident I've read a lot of his comments in the Chicago tribune. He always makes remarks like that. He's more politician than cop....oh and he's originally from New York. There's an amusing story about him being drunk and shooting out streetlight back in New York. Thus one of his many nicknames "Mcstreetlights"

Jumping Frog

12 SHOT, 5 FATALLY AS JULY 4TH WEEKEND BEGINS

Post by Jumping Frog »

Of course, we should believe this nimrod because he is doing such a good job quelling "gun violence":

12 SHOT, 5 FATALLY, IN CHICAGO AS JULY 4TH WEEKEND BEGINS

Of course, I believe the death and injury toll in Chicago could be much worse had not liberals, politicians, the Lewinsky media and bureaucrats worked tirelessly to ban the display of the Confederate flag as this holiday unfolds… :roll:

Now, if you ask the left, they already scientifically proved that the increased violence in Chicago was due to global warming.. That question has been resolved for a couple years now. :lol: :lol:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

"just because it’s 49 states to one doesn’t mean the state of Illinois is wrong on that one.”

Political translation : "We know what we are doing is not working, that is why we must have more of it."
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

He obviously doesn't get it and more than likely never will. Comparing the police to John Q Public tells the whole story. The police may have to encounter gun totting criminals on a daily basis. It's their job, and their sworn duty. John Q Public more than likely will never be in a situation where he has to use deadly force. But since the police can't be everywhere John certainly should have the ability to protect and defend himself and others.

Return to “Other States”