Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

OC Spotted!

Post by Oldgringo »

ZOUNDS! I spotted an OC this morning in the park.... :eek6

This is perhaps the 3rd or 4th person in an OC mode that I've observed after 5 summers in the OC Gold Star state of Montana. The camper exposed his black semi-auto in an OWB holster. I congratulated him and commented on the rarity of OC sightings here and other places where it is legal and remarked that Texas was about to go OC. The camper advised that he was from Alabama and proceeded into the toilet that this F, W& P Camp Host had just cleaned.

So, that's one more observed OC. If I see another one, I'll have to use the fingers on my other hand. :smilelol5:

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 8

Re: OC Spotted!

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Were there mass casualties? Was he a militant? He was probably a nut case.

Hang on all you militant nut cases,January's coming!!
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Richbirdhunter,

Are you an OCT member?

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Abraham wrote:Richbirdhunter,

Are you an OCT member?

No I am not. I've never protested.

I fully believe that open carry or any type of carry is a constitutional right
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:

Are you an OCT member?

You come across as if you think most or all on here are against open carry. If that's the case, you couldn't be more wrong. Most on here are very reasonable people and many support open carry whether they will choose to do it or not. Just because one doesn't support open carry at all costs and without recognizing other's rights doesn't make them anti 2nd amendment, anti Constitution or anti open carry.

Your continued implication of such is offensive, childish and warrants rebuke.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

mojo84 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:

Are you an OCT member?

You come across as if you think most or all on here are against open carry. If that's the case, you couldn't be more wrong. Most on here are very reasonable people and many support open carry whether they will choose to do it or not. Just because one doesn't support open carry at all costs and without recognizing other's rights doesn't make them anti 2nd amendment, anti Constitution or anti open carry.

It looks as if we are both alpha males, and I believe that our chippyness should maintain a courteous level. If however you truly feel the need to rebuke me, at least one of us will learn a lesson.

It's my opinion that you don't need me to point out your faults and I don't need you to point out mine.

We both have opinions and we both have buttholes, they both stink and we don't need to share them.
So let's agree to disagree. Deal?

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I spoke again with the young man and his wife as they were leaving and told him that I could count on one hand the number of folk I had seen open carrying in Montana and the states between here and the home ranch in east Texas. He agreed, OC is equally rare in Mobile and Alabama where they hail from as well.

I advised them that the "Going to the Sun" road in Glacier NP was closed due a fire. We said our good byes and wished each other safe travels.

SA_Steve

Post by SA_Steve »

Best OC I ever saw was a few years ago gassing up my rent car in Great Falls, ID. Another customer had 2 1911's in cross draw shoulder rigs with bandoleer type ammo storage. Torn mostly no-shirt, big beard probably with bugs in it.
You may have the last word.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:ZOUNDS! I spotted an OC this morning in the park.... :eek6

This is perhaps the 3rd or 4th person in an OC mode that I've observed after 5 summers in the OC Gold Star state of Montana. The camper exposed his black semi-auto in an OWB holster. I congratulated him and commented on the rarity of OC sightings here and other places where it is legal and remarked that Texas was about to go OC. The camper advised that he was from Alabama and proceeded into the toilet that this F, W& P Camp Host had just cleaned.

So, that's one more observed OC. If I see another one, I'll have to use the fingers on my other hand. :smilelol5:
Another 10 years and you might have to take off your shoe and count toes. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

android

Post by android »

I spent 3 weeks in Utah around Salt Lake City and Park City and didn't see any.

When I was in AZ a few years ago, I saw one guy on a motorcycle go by with a pistol on his belt.

Even where it is legal it seems very uncommon and there is a surprising lack of "blood flowing on the streets." :cool:

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

android wrote:I spent 3 weeks in Utah around Salt Lake City and Park City and didn't see any.

When I was in AZ a few years ago, I saw one guy on a motorcycle go by with a pistol on his belt.

Even where it is legal it seems very uncommon and there is a surprising lack of "blood flowing on the streets." :cool:
Who are you quoting?
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

android wrote:Even where it is legal it seems very uncommon and there is a surprising lack of "blood flowing on the streets." :cool:
That's because all the OC'ers are dead. They were shot first because they were the biggest threats ;-)
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Just saw a crusty cowboy wearing his empty OWB crossdraw revolver holster in The Hungry Horse restaurant in downtown Boerne. For those not familiar with Boerne, this restaurant is across the street from the county courthouse. The holster was large. Looked like it was for a large frame .357 or maybe a Colt single action. It was very obvious to me but as far as I could tell, I'm the only one that seemed to notice it.

I have no doubt he will be open carrying in the near future.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Taypo »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:

Are you an OCT member?

It looks as if we are both alpha males, and I believe that our chippyness should maintain a courteous level. If however you truly feel the need to rebuke me, at least one of us will learn a lesson.

It's my opinion that you don't need me to point out your faults and I don't need you to point out mine.

We both have opinions and we both have buttholes, they both stink and we don't need to share them.

That logout button is in the top right corner of your screen. It's the easiest way ive found to stop sharing your opinions or reading those of others.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Taypo wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:

Are you an OCT member?

That logout button is in the top right corner of your screen. It's the easiest way ive found to stop sharing your opinions or reading those of others.
Don't make a production out of Taypo, just leave then

Return to “Other States”