Another one headed in the wrong direction

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:06 am

Another one headed in the wrong direction

#1

Post by Odinvalknir » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 am

http://concealednation.org/2018/06/nort ... -on-state/


The bill, House Bill 1060, was filed on the last day of May and by Orange County Democrat Verna Insko would spell disaster to handgun aficionados in my home state. The bill, if signed into law, would compel the North Carolina Department of Public Safety to first develop a safe handgun roster, then ban the possession and/or sale of any handgun not on said list.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2862
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#2

Post by SQLGeek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:06 pm

NC has been catching a massive influx of Northerners looking for jobs in the Triangle, a better climate and a better cost of living. We will see more of that there sadly.
Psalm 91:2


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 588
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#3

Post by OneGun » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 pm

I am so sorry. I have no idea how to define a "safe handgun" unless it is rendered non-operational.

To many former Commiefornians moving to free states looking change their new states into Commiefornia's image.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!


Topic author
Odinvalknir
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#4

Post by Odinvalknir » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm

OneGun wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 pm
I am so sorry. I have no idea how to define a "safe handgun" unless it is rendered non-operational.

To many former Commiefornians moving to free states looking change their new states into Commiefornia's image.
Believe me I know, we have been having a lot of Californians moving into Texas. Mostly into Austin luckily and not down here in Houston where I live. Of course the more commies that move into our Capital are more likely to press upon Our State Leaders with their nonsense.


txhighlander
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 3:06 am

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#5

Post by txhighlander » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Odinvalknir wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm
OneGun wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 pm
I am so sorry. I have no idea how to define a "safe handgun" unless it is rendered non-operational.

To many former Commiefornians moving to free states looking change their new states into Commiefornia's image.
Believe me I know, we have been having a lot of Californians moving into Texas. Mostly into Austin luckily and not down here in Houston where I live. Of course the more commies that move into our Capital are more likely to press upon Our State Leaders with their nonsense.
I know right, some Californians might even pick up a hitchhiker who might be a serial killer and defuse the whole situation by leading to the possibility of being one as well. Those sneaky Californians. :biggrinjester:

On a more serious note, lots of conservative areas have been experiencing an influx of liberals that are leaving their home states to get away from what they have created just to continue to vote the way they always have. We are not alone .
Truth against the world


ninjabread
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#6

Post by ninjabread » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Maybe the police should be limited to guns on the 'safe handgun roster' for a few election cycle before expanding it to include 'civilians' to make sure the cop-created roster works for them before expanding it to include the rest of us. You know, like developers beta testing software before releasing it.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.



Bill O'Rights
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#7

Post by Bill O'Rights » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 pm

I think North Carolina already requires a purchase permit or LTC to buy a handgun, even for a private sale, so they were already heading that direction.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 971
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#8

Post by crazy2medic » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm

How do you determine "safe" what criteria? Who's criteria? I personally don't like a Glock, no safety! However others don't like a 1911 cocked and locked not "safe" so who is the supposed experts that will make the determination?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6180
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#9

Post by Pawpaw » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm
How do you determine "safe" what criteria? Who's criteria? I personally don't like a Glock, no safety! However others don't like a 1911 cocked and locked not "safe" so who is the supposed experts that will make the determination?
Our benevolent overlords, of course.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

Deltaboy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 905
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Johnson County TX

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#10

Post by Deltaboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Bad news for sure !Prayers sent for NC!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

User avatar

Middle Age Russ
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1262
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Spring-Woodlands

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#11

Post by Middle Age Russ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:38 am

Clearly this is brought to you from the Consumer Product Safety Commission litigation mindset. In a world where human beings are so bored and ill-informed (if not clinically-speaking mentally deficient) that they eat laundry detergent, there can certainly be no tools designed to project force that are "safe". Ergo, it seems that a complete ban would be the expected outcome.

My hope is that saner heads will prevail, preventing such bills from becoming law anywhere.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor


Topic author
Odinvalknir
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#12

Post by Odinvalknir » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Middle Age Russ wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:38 am
Clearly this is brought to you from the Consumer Product Safety Commission litigation mindset. In a world where human beings are so bored and ill-informed (if not clinically-speaking mentally deficient) that they eat laundry detergent, there can certainly be no tools designed to project force that are "safe". Ergo, it seems that a complete ban would be the expected outcome.

My hope is that saner heads will prevail, preventing such bills from becoming law anywhere.
It is beginning to look like the north east is about to go full blown and start banning and arresting all kinds of people. I see little articles every day about how they are setting up these buyback programs and no one is selling any guns, so they are talking about going and TAKING the guns. I can only imagine where it will go from there.

User avatar

Middle Age Russ
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1262
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Spring-Woodlands

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

#13

Post by Middle Age Russ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:51 pm

I have become convinced that media today, and therefore the majority of the "news" we hear, "reports" only what challenges traditional mores, values and sensibilities. I take some comfort in this, because they are fighting against that which built the foundations of society -- and there are many yet around that value civil society and the foundations thereof. Theirs has been and is a long, long fight -- a war against Western civilization -- and they may yet win, but I suspect it'll be a few more generations before they can secure a victory if they are ultimately able to.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Post Reply

Return to “Other States”