AR - Constitutional Carry

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AR - Constitutional Carry

Post by C-dub »

Good to know. Mrs. Dub and I will be heading back to AR on another bike ride in the Spring. She's really taken to the mantra of not going anywhere I can't carry. She's even seen me OC a little on our last trip to San Antonio a couple weeks ago. Not down in SA, but rather when stopping for various reasons when riding to and from. I wear my shoulder rig and carry the Colt 1911 and if it's warm I'll take my riding jacket off at stops and OC until putting it back on to ride.

Now I need to look see if AR allows OC or not.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AR - Constitutional Carry

Post by RoyGBiv »

AndyC wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:38 pm Taff V State of Arkansas.

From Jan Morgan:
1) Today's ruling also established case precedent that to be guilty of carrying a weapon, the state must PROVE that an individual has unlawful intent to employ a weapon against a person.

2) The court ruled that carrying a weapon concealed without a permit is an inalienable right.. it is legal and that seeing you carry a weapon is NOT JUSTIFICATION FOR A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER STOP.

3) The Court clearly established that Arkansans have a right to keep and bear arms as clearly stated in Article 2, Section 5 of the Arkansas State Constitution.

Period.
https://opinions.arcourts.gov/ark/court ... LagYYkzNL4
Wow. :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Other States”