Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
kayt00
Posts in topic: 2

Missouri ROCKS!!!

Post by kayt00 »

http://thesentinel.net/politics/missour ... 3-10-vote/
“All federal acts, laws, executive orders, administrative orders, court orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States I and Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.”
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Missouri ROCKS!!!

Post by RoyGBiv »

Nice sentiment. Call me when it's signed by the Governor.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:29 pm Nice sentiment. Call me when it's signed by the Governor.
They have a 2/3rds majority. It can bypass the governor if need be.

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:37 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:29 pm Nice sentiment. Call me when it's signed by the Governor.
It would be amazing to see this run through and get signed. This would essentially create a "2A sanctuary state" which I always imagined Texas to be. We'll get there....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Wish Texas would do that.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. It only passed their state senate so far.

However, it's a great example of what's possible in a state with pro gun legislators.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Scott Farkus »

Just came here to post this.

THIS is what a real pro-2A state looks like, not this Mickey Mouse LTC fee waiving stuff we're debating this session.

EastTexasRancher

Post by EastTexasRancher »

kayt00 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:41 pm
PriestTheRunner wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:37 pm
It would be amazing to see this run through and get signed. This would essentially create a "2A sanctuary state" which I always imagined Texas to be. We'll get there....
Nope. Our legislature's leaders don't have the stomach for this. Dan Patrick doesn't have the spine.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Does this mean machine guns, suppressors and SBR's are allowed with no tax? Will the Missouri government fight the federal government when a Missourian is caught with a NFA item and no stamp on basis of this law?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

jason812 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 am Does this mean machine guns, suppressors and SBR's are allowed with no tax? Will the Missouri government fight the federal government when a Missourian is caught with a NFA item and no stamp on basis of this law?
It means it's not a state violation to have those things. If the feds catch you with them and prosecute you, they (the Feds) will have to do it without Missouri's help. I doubt Missouri will defend you, but I don't know if the bill addresses that or not.

There is also a legitimate constitutional question as to whether NFA items manufactured totally within a state and sold only to that state's residents can be federally regulated, since it's not interstate commerce. This bill could set up a court challenge for that.

This is following the lead of the states that legalized marijuana, and to a lessor extent sanctuary cities. Liberals can't honestly support those and oppose this. Well they can because liberals are dishonest, but logically they can't.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Scott Farkus wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:30 am
jason812 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 am Does this mean machine guns, suppressors and SBR's are allowed with no tax? Will the Missouri government fight the federal government when a Missourian is caught with a NFA item and no stamp on basis of this law?
It means it's not a state violation to have those things. If the feds catch you with them and prosecute you, they (the Feds) will have to do it without Missouri's help. I doubt Missouri will defend you, but I don't know if the bill addresses that or not.

There is also a legitimate constitutional question as to whether NFA items manufactured totally within a state and sold only to that state's residents can be federally regulated, since it's not interstate commerce. This bill could set up a court challenge for that.

This is following the lead of the states that legalized marijuana, and to a lessor extent sanctuary cities. Liberals can't honestly support those and oppose this. Well they can because liberals are dishonest, but logically they can't.
Per Wickard v. Filburn and SCOTUS it is interstate commerce because it has an affect on interstate commerce. This is one of the worst and most impactful SCOTUS decisions ever made.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:47 am Per Wickard v. Filburn and SCOTUS it is interstate commerce because it has an affect on interstate commerce. This is one of the worst and most impactful SCOTUS decisions ever made.
Agreed. Until that one is overturned we can't get a true federal system back on track.

Although, I don't think the current (or any future) SCOTUS has the stomach for it because it would gut much of the federal laws on the books.

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:47 am Per Wickard v. Filburn and SCOTUS it is interstate commerce because it has an affect on interstate commerce. This is one of the worst and most impactful SCOTUS decisions ever made.
That's the one about the farmer growing his own wheat, right? Yes, I agree that's one of the most horrendous decisions ever, on par with that other one that we won't mention. Would be really nice to get another crack at it if we can get another conservative on the court. Maybe this bill would do it, maybe not but it certainly seems germane.

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

I don't think it means they will go that far. I think it only means Missouri won't give aid and comfort to the enemies of the constitution. To look to a historical example, there's a difference between a Frenchman during WW2 refusing to be a collaborator, and being an active member of the resistance.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

ok, Missouri just went on the job hunt list.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Other States”