CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#16

Post by rotor » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 pm

An exhaustive analysis and a great read.

User avatar

Topic author
ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7076
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#17

Post by ELB » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Trump has been making some headway in reforming the 9th circuit. He just had one judge recently approved, and I believe there’s two more in the queue, which would give him a total of six. I believe there is already half a dozen Republican appointed judges on the court. This is not a majority, and I don’t know if all of them will be start to a supporters, but it does mean there’s a pretty good chance that an en banc review Would have a favorable make up.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3814
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#18

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:15 pm

RoyGBiv wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:01 am
9th circuit will overrule, either by panel or en Banc.
Then SCOTUS will have to decide whether to grant cert.
Given the rate at which 9th Circuit decisions are overturned by the SCOTUS, maybe there should be an automatic review of all their decisions.

If I had an employee who made that many mistakes, I would definitely feel the need to micro manage everything they did. Well actually, I would have the luxury of firing them. That's the beauty of no longer working for a government agency.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#19

Post by rotor » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:54 pm

On Bud's Gun site

"Unfortunately, we are still unable to sell high capacity magazines to our CA customers. The recent court ruling only blocked a 2016 law that would have made high capacity magazines already owned by CA residents illegal to possess or sell."


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#20

Post by crazy2medic » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:31 pm

Uh small hole in their scheme! Magazines typically don't have serial numbers so no way to know when they were made or purchased!
I have had those for years!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1688
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#21

Post by TreyHouston » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:43 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:31 pm
Uh small hole in their scheme! Magazines typically don't have serial numbers so no way to know when they were made or purchased!
I have had those for years!
Even in the package, you could have owned them for years! I have a few still in the package for almost 10!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#22

Post by TexasJohnBoy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:28 pm

I thought the entirety of section 32310 of the California penal code was ruled unconstitutional and applies to everything, not just grandfathered magazines.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019032 ... -amendment
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1330
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#23

Post by Lynyrd » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:35 pm

However this turns out, it is refreshing to see a Federal Judge in California stand up for the Constitution. I know further appeals and litigation will happen. But at least Sacramento is in a dither right now.
Do what you say you're gonna do.


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#24

Post by rotor » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:30 pm

From Selway

"Selway Armory Supports All American's 2nd Amendment Rights!

'Unconstitutional' High-Capacity Magazine Ban Blocked!

Effective Immediately we are resuming shipment of high capacity magazines to California! "


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#25

Post by strogg » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 am



SigM4
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Willow Park

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#26

Post by SigM4 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:29 pm

strogg wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 am
Well, that didn't last very long

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... pm-friday/
No, but think about how many hundreds of thousands of mags have likely flooded CA. I saw pictures of a lot of really lucky folks as well that found some of their lost mags from all those boating accidents.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.


apostate
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:01 am

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#27

Post by apostate » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:58 pm

What happens with packages in transit?

User avatar

ajwakeboarder
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Tracy, CA

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#28

Post by ajwakeboarder » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:30 pm

SigM4 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:29 pm
strogg wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 am
Well, that didn't last very long

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... pm-friday/
No, but think about how many hundreds of thousands of mags have likely flooded CA. I saw pictures of a lot of really lucky folks as well that found some of their lost mags from all those boating accidents.
Try millions. This state was just flooded with standard capacity magazines. Luckily, I face the possibility of moving back to Texas soon. I just unloaded 10 mags to my wife's friend's husband (yeah, try saying that 10 times fast lol). Every store in my vicinity ordered as many mags as they could afford to after the ruling and sold out today.
Freedom Reigns!!!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User avatar

ajwakeboarder
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Tracy, CA

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#29

Post by ajwakeboarder » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:32 pm

apostate wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:58 pm
What happens with packages in transit?
As I understand (and everyone else has assumed) the judgement was that orders submitted before 5PM PST are safe and legal. We'll see what actually happens, but there will be significant push back if anything gets seized in transit.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: CA: Fed court strikes down 10 round mag limit

#30

Post by strogg » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:50 am

ajwakeboarder wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:30 pm
SigM4 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:29 pm
strogg wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 am
Well, that didn't last very long

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... pm-friday/
No, but think about how many hundreds of thousands of mags have likely flooded CA. I saw pictures of a lot of really lucky folks as well that found some of their lost mags from all those boating accidents.
Try millions. This state was just flooded with standard capacity magazines. Luckily, I face the possibility of moving back to Texas soon. I just unloaded 10 mags to my wife's friend's husband (yeah, try saying that 10 times fast lol). Every store in my vicinity ordered as many mags as they could afford to after the ruling and sold out today.
Freedom Reigns!!!!
I certainly hope it's in the millions. I know first hand what it's like being a firearms enthusiast in the gestapo state. It's absolutely terrible. One bad thing about this event is that it's getting next to no press in that state. Conversely, any additional regulations generally get a ton of press coverage over there. Media manipulation much?

Post Reply

Return to “Other States”