PA gun transfer laws?

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PA gun transfer laws?

Post by srothstein »

You will need to get it shipped to an ATF licensed dealer in Texas. It is a violation of federal law for a resident of one state to purchase and take possession of any handgun in another state.
Steve Rothstein

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PA gun transfer laws?

Post by C-dub »

LDP wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:36 pm
srothstein wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:04 pm You will need to get it shipped to an ATF licensed dealer in Texas. It is a violation of federal law for a resident of one state to purchase and take possession of any handgun in another state.
Interesting, that is something I had no idea about. Happily ignorant.
Thank you, sir.
Person to person private sale within a state, well, most states, no FFL needs to be involved and no 4473 form completed nor an NICS background check. However, as Steve mentioned, once you purchase from another state you gotta jump through a couple hoops.

I hope you haven't unknowingly violated this in the past. :leaving
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Other States”