California Questions

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

California Questions

Post by ScottDLS » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Anyone out there know what the rules are for possessing a handgun in one's hotel room or temporary quarters in California? I'm working in the San Francisco Bay area on business. I usually stay in Burlingame or Millbrae and work in Palo Alto. I'm not wanting to carry, but I may want to go shooting with some business colleagues in the area. I would like to bring my own guns. Can I possess a handgun in my hotel room and transport it unloaded in my rental car trunk? 10 rd mags only. What about ammo? With the new ammo background check here, I don't think I can buy any. Can someone give me some to shoot while I'm here? Can use some that "I bought in California and stored" before the background check went into effect 7/1/2019? :shock: Maybe I'll sign up for Calguns and post over there. In the meantime, anyone know?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Other States”