Concealed Carry on College Campuses

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CCW Backer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed Carry on College Campuses

Post by CCW Backer »

Obviously its not safe going to college.You texans know first hand what can happen to innocent people at a university.I will support any law that saves lives and gives another a chance to survive a horrific incident.Not only will this law enable self protection,it will prevent maniacs from going on a killin spree.

Andiceman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Andiceman »

Douva wrote:
pedalman wrote:
Douva wrote:If the bill is written as we hope and anticipate it will be, it will do to things...
Douva,

I'll repeat the offer I made to Mr. Cotton a few months ago. If y'all need volunteers who are affected by the current prohibition to speak in support of concealed carry on campus, I'd be happy to step up. I am a CHL holder, an MBA student at UT-Austin, a CPA, and am married with 2 kids. Just an average Texan. I know of at least two other CHL's in my MBA program who would probably be glad to make time as well.

I'll happily wave a stack of "security alert" emails from UT police about incidents and asking students to be careful.

Feel free to PM me if you want my real contact information.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

im all for it. I believe that many lives could have been saved in tech and illinois had there been a CHLer IVO the shooting. Thanks Scott for helinpg push this issue!

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

Douva wrote:it would also be illegal for administrators at public colleges to take administrative or disciplinary action against licensed students or faculty who choose to carry concealed handguns on campus.
Does it actually provide penalties for this, or is it just another "don't do it or we'll think bad things about you" law?

pedalman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pedalman »

Good point. Harrassment is harrassment, no matter what you are being harrassed over.

Topic author
Douva
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Douva »

KD5NRH wrote:
Douva wrote:it would also be illegal for administrators at public colleges to take administrative or disciplinary action against licensed students or faculty who choose to carry concealed handguns on campus.
Does it actually provide penalties for this, or is it just another "don't do it or we'll think bad things about you" law?
Well, the bill is not drafted yet, but I think would be more along the lines of "Don't do it, or we'll bring a wrongful termination suit against you." To the best of my knowledge, most laws don't outline specific penalties to be imposed if they are violated. That's typically left up to a judge.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

Douva wrote:
KD5NRH wrote:Does it actually provide penalties for this, or is it just another "don't do it or we'll think bad things about you" law?
Well, the bill is not drafted yet, but I think would be more along the lines of "Don't do it, or we'll bring a wrongful termination suit against you." To the best of my knowledge, most laws don't outline specific penalties to be imposed if they are violated. That's typically left up to a judge.
Well, criminal offenses tend to have an offense category attached, which is primarily a guide to what punishments are available. I see no reason this couldn't include some provision for at least mandatory public ridicule and/or banishment.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”