One point of view

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

One point of view

Post by BrassMonkey »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FF3LQlhBs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Ace_Inthe_O
Posts in topic: 1

Re: One point of view

Post by Ace_Inthe_O »

I think if he had tried to walk anywhere most of that would have fallen out. I am not sure if this helps or hurts our cause?
"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

Not to mention if he'd tried to sit down with that shotgun in his pants. He'd look pretty funny.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BrassMonkey »

Who knows. I just found it amusing.
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Douva

Post by Douva »

Ace_Inthe_O wrote:I think if he had tried to walk anywhere most of that would have fallen out. I am not sure if this helps or hurts our cause?
As I tell people when I speak on the issue, anyone who says they would be uncomfortable knowing that concealed handgun license holders are allowed to carry concealed handguns on college campuses is suggesting that he or she is more afraid of those individuals who want to LEGALLY carry concealed handguns on campus than they are of those individuals who might already be ILLEGALLY carrying concealed handguns on campus. Without installing metal detectors and X-ray machines at every entrance to every campus building, anybody is capable of walking onto a college campus carrying pretty much anything he or she chooses.

PS. Here is a news piece that features a couple of clips of me debating this issue at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (aside from struggling with the debate format, which only allowed two minutes for answers and one minute for rebuttals--not nearly enough time to explore such a complex issue--I felt like the debate went pretty well):

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/28579004.html# (click on the video link that says, "UNO Debates Concealed Weapons On Campus")

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”