Committee Hearing on HB 1893 Scheduled for Monday, March 30

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

lj bluesboy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Committee Hearing on HB 1893 Scheduled for Monday, March 30

Post by lj bluesboy »

Chas, do you know when the bill might come up for a vote in committee?
I'm a Ramblin Rack from George's attack, and an Elephant Engineer!
App received by DPS 5/9; CHL issued day 129, 9/15

GaryAdrian
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GaryAdrian »

I work on the Campus of the University of Houston on Cullen st. I hope they pass this bill and get it done under the radar. I hate for it to be in the news a lot and spur a big debate. Most of my co-workers who have CHL's said they would carry on campus if allowed.
Some feel that we will be threatened with dismissal even if it is law. Universities are very liberal and very anti-gun.
I have already purchased a Maxpedition Fat Boy to carry my weapon that looks like any other pack on campus in hopes it will bring good karma. :txflag:

We can use some good karma now a days! :thumbs2:
NRA Life Member
Texas State Rifle Association
NRA-Certified Firearms Instructor

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Looks like it was voted out of the Public Safety committee this afternoon 5-3. Now on to the Calendars Committee. Luckily, Brian McCall is the Chair and also MY Representative, so he will be getting a personal phone call from me to discuss the issue. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

lj bluesboy

Post by lj bluesboy »

Thanks, Keith. This is great to hear. When I'd checked the House webpage earlier they hadn't updated the bill status.

Come on Texas, lets do it big! :txflag:
I'm a Ramblin Rack from George's attack, and an Elephant Engineer!
App received by DPS 5/9; CHL issued day 129, 9/15

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greybeard »

Quote: "Looks like it was voted out of the Public Safety committee this afternoon 5-3. Now on to the Calendars Committee."

That's news some of us have been lookin' for. Thanks.

Like eatin' an elepant - one bite at a time ....
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

GaryAdrian

Post by GaryAdrian »

I just heard that this may die in the Senate. If this stops here, it will be dead until next time.
Does anyone have any information on this?
:bigear:
NRA Life Member

barres

Post by barres »

Campus Carry already passed the Texas Senate. It is possible that it could die in the House, but that actually looks rather unlikely at this point.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

barres wrote:Campus Carry already passed the Texas Senate. It is possible that it could die in the House, but that actually looks rather unlikely at this point.
Sorry, but employer parking lots (SB730) passed the Senate; campus-carry is still in committee and no hearing has been scheduled.

Chas.

GaryAdrian

Post by GaryAdrian »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
barres wrote:Campus Carry already passed the Texas Senate. It is possible that it could die in the House, but that actually looks rather unlikely at this point.
Sorry, but employer parking lots (SB730) passed the Senate; campus-carry is still in committee and no hearing has been scheduled.

Chas.
Thanks for the information. I understand there will be a march of Students on Austin to protest against Campus Carry.
Here at UH there is a Resolution to oppose Campus Carry by UH Faculty Senate. http://www.thedailycougar.com/uh-resolu ... -1.1718390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Craig Pirrong, a finance and business professor, was the lone voter who opposed the UH resolution.
:patriot:
NRA Life Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

GaryAdrian wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Thanks for the information. I understand there will be a march of Students on Austin to protest against Campus Carry.
Here at UH there is a Resolution to oppose Campus Carry by UH Faculty Senate. http://www.thedailycougar.com/uh-resolu ... -1.1718390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Craig Pirrong, a finance and business professor, was the lone voter who opposed the UH resolution.
:patriot:
One media outlet estimated 1,000, another said 600 (I'm not sure which ones), but the DPS Troopers estimated 75. Guess which number the media will report. Ah yes, much like the Million Mom March coming up 980,000 short in D.C.

Chas.

barres

Post by barres »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Oops. :oops: Right after I posted that, I thought, "Are you sure you're not thinking of the parking lot bill?" I guess I should have listened to that inner voice and deleted my post.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”