TAMUSCCC/TXSCCC Update--tables out on campus yesterday!

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
txsccc
Posts in topic: 1

TAMUSCCC/TXSCCC Update--tables out on campus yesterday!

Post by txsccc »

This Monday, TAMU SCCC had out tables on Texas A&M’s campus, distributing information on concealed carry, concealed carry on campus, concealed carry classes, and selling t-shirts, decals, and magnets to raise funds. We were also distributing fliers for people to post on the way to class.

We had a really good day and luckily the weather was great! We did have some opposition from a foreign maintenance worker (from Germany I believe), and a couple students, but nothing too out of the ordinary. As usual, we had many more supporters in the crowd than opposition.

We will be tabling again on February 9th in the same place between the Academic Building and Cushing Library/Evans Library. We will have t-shirts, decals, and magnets for sale. We should have a newly designed t-shirt for this semester, but a few of our older t-shirts will be available in limited sizes and colors.

Thank you everyone for your continued support! If you ever have any suggestions or comments, please us know! TXSCCC@yahoo.com

Update on our new adviser search: We have found a new primary adviser after the sudden loss of our adviser and friend Nolan Flowers. Our organization will be transitioning this week and will be back in action by the 9th.

You can check us out on facebook by searching “Texas A&M Students for Concealed Carry on Campus”. Our membership on there is currently 1600

You can sign up for our listserv at TAMUSCCC.TAMU.EDU. Our membership on the listserv is now about 400.

Chase Jennings
TXSCCC State Director
TAMUSCCC Co-Chairman

WildBill

Re: TAMUSCCC/TXSCCC Update--tables out on campus yesterday!

Post by WildBill »

txsccc wrote:This Monday, TAMU SCCC had out tables on Texas A&M’s campus, distributing information on concealed carry, concealed carry on campus, concealed carry classes, and selling t-shirts, decals, and magnets to raise funds. We were also distributing fliers for people to post on the way to class. Chase Jennings
TXSCCC State Director
TAMUSCCC Co-Chairman
Way to go Chase! Thanks for posting the pictures and keep up the good work. :txflag: :patriot:
NRA Endowment Member

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

:thumbs2: great work

Article from Yesterday's Battalion

http://www.thebatt.com/news/aggies-lobb ... _201121510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aggies lobby for concealed carry
Students will go to Austin to support the bill for Texas
By Rebecca Hutchinson
Published: Monday, February 14, 2011
Updated: Monday, February 14, 2011 23:02

And from 4 days ago
http://www.thebatt.com/news/senate-vote ... -1.1971999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hilary Albrecht, Speaker of the Senate said: "The Student Senate passed S.B. 63-74, The Concealed Carry Referendum Bill, which calls for a referendum to be placed on the ballot for the spring student body elections. This is an issue relevant to all students, and gives the student body the opportunity to let their voices be directly heard and advocated for."

There will be opinion booths Feb. 14, 15 and 17 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.at Koldus and the Academic Plaza. These booths are set up with the purpose of receiving all the opinions of students.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

Nice job. Glad to see the youth of America hasn't completely gone insane, and common sense is still at work.

I think there would have been many protests and sit-ins and unshaved women hurling insults if this had been at the Evil Empire (UT).

I think it would be a good idea for everyone to write your state lawmakers and let them know how you feel about the issue. In fact, I am going to write mine today.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

Recent Batt articles/letters

The Battalion > Opinion
Concealed issues
By Robert Cimmino
Published: Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Updated: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 23:02
http://www.thebatt.com/opinion/conceale ... -1.1998133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Battalion > News
Debate for concealed carry on campus shot down
By Christine Perrenot
Published: Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Updated: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 23:02
http://www.thebatt.com/news/debate-for- ... 2011217148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The organization has hopes of holding a debate on campus, but the proposition has been voted down by the faculty senate.

Jennings said the group welcomes opposition as an opportunity to elaborate on why they support concealed carry. The issue at hand will be voted on by students in the future, and Crocker said he wants students to know both sides of the topic prior to voting.
Yeah, that would amount to free speech probably
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

Well Done! Keep on keepin' on brother!! :txflag:

fannypacker

Post by fannypacker »

My hat is off to you. My grandson will attend next Fall. He knows I carry and has been shooting with me. Good lookin' lady you are hanging on to. Let her an old man likes her.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”