John Woods still at it

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 4

Re: John Woods still at it

Post by Jasonw560 »

Nice job, for what you got out before you were rudely interrupted. People got longer than you did to speak. That was uncalled for.

IMO, FWIW, You should have just stuck with her testimony, and a her giving you permission to say this as a prologue. I think they're more interested in what happened w/o a CHL than what might happen.

It's a shame that John Woods and his ilk are scared that they can no longer buy the world a Coke, give peace a chance, hold hands, and skip through meadows on their way to ride unicorns so they can chase rainbows.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

bigmoney
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bigmoney »

Jasonw560 wrote: It's a shame that John Woods and his ilk are scared that they can no longer buy the world a Coke, give peace a chance, hold hands, and skip through meadows on their way to ride unicorns so they can chase rainbows.
That's awesome. The reason I could never be a news anchor is because that would be my closing line. :biggrinjester:
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

Douva
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Douva »

Jasonw560 wrote:Nice job, for what you got out before you were rudely interrupted. People got longer than you did to speak. That was uncalled for.

IMO, FWIW, You should have just stuck with her testimony, and a her giving you permission to say this as a prologue. I think they're more interested in what happened w/o a CHL than what might happen.

It's a shame that John Woods and his ilk are scared that they can no longer buy the world a Coke, give peace a chance, hold hands, and skip through meadows on their way to ride unicorns so they can chase rainbows.
My first priority as the official spokesperson for SCCC was to represent SCCC and voice the organization's positions. But Amanda Collins' story is the perfect illustration of why our organization supports campus carry, and it would have been the perfect conclusion to my remarks.

As I said in my latest blog post, if I'd had any indication that the committee was ready to start cutting people short, I would have trimmed my comments before taking the stand. But they let everyone before me and most of the people after me prattle on for as long as they liked. I was unfortunate enough to speak while Chairman Whitmire was out of the room and Vice Chair Huffman was in charge, and she decided she wasn't interested in hearing my full testimony.

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by RPB »

John Woods posted video of Whitmire
Note the caption bubbles .... "rlol" Looks like a 13-15 year old did this.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wentworth wants to "prevent another Virginia Tech" but is clueless about Virginia Tech
[youtube][/youtube]
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

John's latest is

"Shooting Survivors Decry Texas Guns-On-Campus Bill"

Google that to find it lots of places.

It presents a little of both sides, but ... Title shows the bias.
Last edited by RPB on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Since I assume John/Bradys flew in people from Chicago, and elsewhere, to discuss how armed students helped stop Charles Whitman, (oh yeah, they left that part out) perhaps there should be a National "Bring Wayne and Ken from Virgina and Amanda Collins and the girl whose House Testimony about scars from her assault, to (whatever State) to Testify" fund.
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

:banghead: Another "JOHN" at UT
I'm no lawyer

bigmoney

Post by bigmoney »

RPB wrote::banghead: Another "JOHN" at UT
I love her statistics about other places besides the US(sarcastically of course). Of course we as a nation are going to have higher statistics compared to other countries where most crimes and deaths aren't reported because they happen so often or the government there is unconcerning. Those statistics are exactly why we need this, so essentially she's talking herself out of what she believes in. :clapping:
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

tacticool
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tacticool »

You guys don't respect their feelings. :nono:

If you have to die at the hands of criminals, so John Woods and his groupies can "feel" safe on campus, that's a price they're willing to make you pay.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

tacticool wrote:You guys don't respect their feelings. :nono:

If you have to die at the hands of criminals, so John Woods and his groupies can "feel" safe on campus, that's a price they're willing to make you pay.
"rlol" Search Youtube "Feelings Daisy" search results= "Best love song : FEELINGS" Photo on video = guy looking through a rifle scope, (Korean movie), she (hitman's girlfriend) gets shot by sniper (like Charles Whitman) in the end of the video. I'm not posting it here.
I'm no lawyer

bigmoney

Post by bigmoney »

That's what I'm affraid of.
This bill has been a big topic at my school. Most people I've talked to were easily convinced by my charm :lol: , or not too bothered by the thought. Not that many people, teachers or students, are out-right against it. And I really would like to know where our campus security is. I've only seen an officer or two, like twice. Rarely do I even see the fat guy in the golf cart with the security badge on. I don't think our campus is very safe at all, and I think others feel the same.
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

[quote="bigmoney]

That's what I'm affraid of.
This bill has been a big topic at my school. Most people I've talked to were easily convinced by my charm :lol: , or not too bothered by the thought. Not that many people, teachers or students, are out-right against it. And I really would like to know where our campus security is. I've only seen an officer or two, like twice. Rarely do I even see the fat guy in the golf cart with the security badge on. I don't think our campus is very safe at all, and I think others feel the same.[/quote]
Paul Blart's at your school? :shock:

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

RPB wrote::banghead: Another "JOHN" at UT
I wonder if they'd air a counter-point video with some actual facts? Nah...they're not interested in things like facts and true logic. It's a shame....being that old and still clueless...

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Allowing guns on campus won't make schools safer
There are better ways to deter violence
By JOHN WOODS
March 25, 2011, 9:45PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/edi ... 92007.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not one comment in his favor there.

My comment:
John is in error about the goal of the legislation.
It isn't about making "schools safer"
It's about making "people safer"
It's the "Personal protection act"
Not the "school safety act"
This is about the numerous rapes, armed robberies, carjackings and kidnappings which all occurred on campuses this year while car burglars stole guns from where responsible people had to store them instead of being able to store them safely on their bodies concealed like they do everywhere else.
His conclusions naturally are all flawed since they begin with a false premise.
I'm no lawyer

Barbi Q
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Barbi Q »

Daggum carpetbaggers were behind the gun control laws passed during Reconstruction. Not much has changed.
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”