Marine awarded for heroic actions as armed college student

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Marine awarded for heroic actions as armed college student

Post by RPB »

Marine awarded for heroic actions as armed college student http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Mr.ViperBoa

Re: Marine awarded for heroic actions as armed college stude

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

Strike up another one for our boys. :patriot:
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedsix »

...I'm real proud of him, but an Ensign is not a Marine, that's a Navy rank...researching the goofup...

...here's the answer...

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/06/n ... y-062511w/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...sounds like a real go-getter...glad he's on our side!!!

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

Excellent example and story :patriot:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

What a great showing of tenacity! The people at the party owe Ensign Barner a lot.

How different the results would have been without the concealed handgun. It is unfortunate that we cannot rub this story under the nose of every "Brady Bunch" anti in this country.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

speedsix wrote:...I'm real proud of him, but an Ensign is not a Marine, that's a Navy rank...researching the goofup...

...here's the answer...

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/06/n ... y-062511w/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I didn't see any goofup, everything was explained in the article.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

jimlongley wrote:
speedsix wrote:...I'm real proud of him, but an Ensign is not a Marine, that's a Navy rank...researching the goofup...

...here's the answer...

LOL. I agree. I specifically read the entire article to see why an Ensign was referred to as a Marine.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

jimlongley wrote:

...here's the answer...

..took more than the two sentences in the original article to make me understand how, why, which they're talkin' about a Marine and then referring to him as an ensign...they didn't have all those fancy abbrevuationable organizations when I was a Marine...the second link told what happened so that even I understood what happened...things are harder here at the nursing home...

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

speedsix wrote:
jimlongley wrote:

...here's the answer...

..took more than the two sentences in the original article to make me understand how, why, which they're talkin' about a Marine and then referring to him as an ensign...they didn't have all those fancy abbrevuationable organizations when I was a Marine...the second link told what happened so that even I understood what happened...things are harder here at the nursing home...
Once a Marine, always a Marine, and the ribbons on his Navy officer's uniform will always give proof of that,

I was nominated for one of those programs when I was in the Navy in '69, but I turned them down based on the additional commitment required and I had just gotten engaged to the woman who would be my wife for 23 years.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Wow. Same here. If you are married you can't go to the Academy. Since I was planning on marrying the first of my ex-wives, I withdrew my application/nominations and remained in the Marine Corps.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

RPB wrote:Marine awarded for heroic actions as armed college student http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wish there was a way to leave comments on that story. There was a part of the article regarding Texas Campus Carry that was not exactly correct.
According to ConcealedCampus.org, there are 24 states that expressly prohibit concealed carry on college campuses by persons with a valid concealed handgun license/permit. These states are Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Wyoming. Texas law specifically prohibits concealed carry on campus but includes a clause which allows an individual college/university to 'opt out' of the law and allow concealed carry.
He should have explained that in Texas it is not illegal for a CHL to carry on campus, just inside campus buildings. The article makes it look like you can go anywhere near a college campus carrying. Now, if the idiots in Austin had passed campus carry, there would be not need for an explanation. :mad5
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”