Arizona: NRA-Backed Campus Personal Protection Bill Introduc

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Arizona: NRA-Backed Campus Personal Protection Bill Introduc

Post by RPB »

Arizona: NRA-Backed Campus Personal Protection Bill Introduced Assigned to Senate Judiciary Committee!
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

C-dub

Re: Arizona: NRA-Backed Campus Personal Protection Bill Intr

Post by C-dub »

I don't like the idea of having to disarm upon entering each building. It says they must provide a place for storage of the gun inside each building Those with evil intent will see who has a gun and possibly set an ambush to steal it from them. I know that sounds weird, but I think a concealed weapon should remain concealed until it is needed. How often do we talk about unnecessary handling of the gun?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

terryg

Re: Arizona: NRA-Backed Campus Personal Protection Bill Intr

Post by terryg »

C-dub wrote:I don't like the idea of having to disarm upon entering each building. It says they must provide a place for storage of the gun inside each building Those with evil intent will see who has a gun and possibly set an ambush to steal it from them. I know that sounds weird, but I think a concealed weapon should remain concealed until it is needed. How often do we talk about unnecessary handling of the gun?
I could be wrong, but I see that part as an attempt by the legislature to make it so difficult to put into action so as to make not worth it. Think of how many buildings (most with multiple entrances) are present on a typical college campus. I can't see anyway for a university to practically provide that type of storage.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”