Seeking work-from-home opportunity

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Seeking work-from-home opportunity

Post by Venus Pax »

With a baby due in August, I'm interested in working from home. I know people that work from their home computers in the fields of computer programming or in medical billing; I lack training in both fields.
Is anyone aware of other areas where telecommuting may be possible? I do not mind spending the summer in training.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Biga9999

Re: Seeking work-from-home opportunity

Post by Biga9999 »

I work from home as a Life Insurance Underwriter, but most companies want someone with at least 5 years experience before they want you to work from home.

What is your current area of expertise?
"Eat, Drink and be Merry, for tomorrow we die"
David J Matthews

CHL Class 03/14/09
Mailed to DPS 03/16/09
DPS received 03/19/09
Processing 04/30/09
Approved 06/19/09
In hand 06/23/09

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Venus Pax wrote:With a baby due in August, I'm interested in working from home. I know people that work from their home computers in the fields of computer programming or in medical billing; I lack training in both fields.
Is anyone aware of other areas where telecommuting may be possible? I do not mind spending the summer in training.
I've sent you a PM.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Venus:

A modest-paying possibility might also be in call-center, customer-service work. A trend that began a few years ago is using voice and data services over broadband Internet connections to create virtual call centers of workers sitting in their own homes. The attraction for business is that they can recruit workers like you who are highly intelligent, capable, and not in India or Kuala Lumpur, workers who are willing to work for lower wages because they have no commute and can fit in unusual schedules since the requirement of physically showing up for shift work is eliminated. The work is otherwise just like being in a support call center: you use the company's software to record calls and activity, and you use the software to indicate whether you're in-queue available to take a call, on a call and unavailable, or temporarily off-queue. The glitch here may be if the baby has Mars's lungs and can really belt it out. ;-)

I don't know any companies offhand, but some Google work will likely turn something up. You might also want hit the Help Desk Institute Website to see if they have any info.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

Chacha.com

http://becomeaguide.chacha.com/why-become-a-guide/

You answer questions submitted by mobile phone users after doing brief research (a few minutes maximum) on the web. You get paid by the answer so speed is paramount for making a reasonable hourly rate. They do have a form of quality control but you will have no problem at all meeting the requirements. I did this in the evenings after the kiddos bedtimes for supplemental (ammo) income a few months ago (pre-baby). There are a few different positions that they were rolling out when I stopped but the guide position pays the best.

If you put your nose to the grindstone you can earn a modest income. I averaged about about $4 / hr. Not the best pay, but what do you expect for sitting in your underwear surfing the web? :lol:

It is a legit company, I did receive several deposits to my account.

Pros:
  • Very flexible, there is not really any schedule at all. Just log in when you can. Log off when you can't.
  • Easy, yet can be fun
  • No obligation
Cons:
  • As you could imagine, you do get obscene questions. Thick skin is mandatory. Actually, these types of questions are where I would recoup the earnings I lost on some of the questions that would require extensive research. (I can bang out answers to nasty questions in a few seconds)
  • Low pay
There were a lot of SAHM's in the private forums that claimed to make along the lines of $500 to $1000 per month. If you would like additional info please let me know. If you do decide to become a guide please consider using me as a reference.

Congrats again on the little one, only a few months to go! :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Venus Pax:

Please be extra cautious when pursuing "work at home" situations.

This has become a playground for scammers.

They may con you into buying "starter" supplies and need your credit
card number. Then they go to Best Buy and have a ball at your expense.

Another scam that may be attempted is if they ask for your bank account
number right off the bat, so that they can do direct deposit. Excuse me,
but what you actually get is "direct withdrawal."

Let's all be careful out there.
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Job Board”