Where did they go?

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
remington79
Posts in topic: 3

Where did they go?

Post by remington79 »

Does anyone know where all the surveying jobs in Deep East Texas went to?
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Topic author
remington79

Re: Where did they go?

Post by remington79 »

I was just wondering. We moved back to the area after being away for 7 years. I have to switch career fields because of medical reasons. I thought I'd get back into surveying unless there's a machine shop that's willing to train someone. I know East Texas can be a bit of a black hole when it comes to things but I was expecting things to be a little better. So far the only jobs I see around here are for nurses, truck drivers, and retail.

rmr24
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rmr24 »

Keep an eye on the tsps.org classifieds. Lots of survey jobs, but most are in the usual places; Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston, S.A, Austin.

Topic author
remington79

Post by remington79 »

Thanks. I did see that website. I saw one company was trying to get a crew for Odessa or Midland. they were offering a sign on bonus and would pay for relocation. A guy I used to work with here told me about it. My old company would hire me back if they had a little more work. I know a guy just left there so they only have one hand in the field right now but no call so far. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to move again after only being in the area for 4 months.

The last time I worked down here it seems like I cut brush and walked every acre around Garrison and Camp Tonkawa. Honestly I don't think there's any more room left to put a pipeline up in that area. lol On another note I haven't heard of any big boundaries that need to be done either.

Return to “Job Board”