Sr level UNIX Systems Engineer

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
nitrogen
Posts in topic: 1

Sr level UNIX Systems Engineer

Post by nitrogen »

Been at Verizon for over 7 years and they are outsourcing all of us to India. Figure i'd post a thing here.

Resume is viewable HERE.

15+ years experience managing systems
Specialize in Redhat Linux (rhel5-6-7) and Solaris (10-11)

Prefer things in the eastern half of the DFW area, or can do just about anything that allows remote work.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Sr level UNIX Systems Engineer

Post by baldeagle »

Local universities are always looking for those skill sets, especially Solaris knowledge. Look at the websites for job listings; TCU, SMU, UTD, UNT, Dallas Baptist, UTSW. Also, there are several new datacenters in Richardson, and another one being built. And Samsung and Cisco are in Richardson as well. I'll check with my son-in-law to see if Samsung needs any Unix admins.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

zero4o3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by zero4o3 »

nitrogen wrote:Been at Verizon for over 7 years and they are outsourcing all of us to India. Figure i'd post a thing here.

Resume is viewable HERE.

15+ years experience managing systems
Specialize in Redhat Linux (rhel5-6-7) and Solaris (10-11)

Prefer things in the eastern half of the DFW area, or can do just about anything that allows remote work.
Check out http://www.dice.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; its a great site for finding IT related jobs.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

make sure you're looking on Glassdoor.com, they search dice, indeed, beyond and a bunch of other sites.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

My S-I-L said he didn't know about any jobs at Samsung for Unix engineers. Are you still looking?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I know you are in DFW, but if you are willing to move be sure you check out Austin, there's a lot of work there too.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Job Board”