POS (Point of Sale)/Cash Registers/IT Tech

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

POS (Point of Sale)/Cash Registers/IT Tech

Post by bblhd672 »

Today was not a good day as I was laid off by the company that brought me to Texas 16 months ago. Sad day, but very glad that I was able to get here.

I have 30 plus years experience as electronic cash register/pos systems field tech and project manager, as well as IT systems manager experience.

Hopefully there are still companies out there that value the experience and work ethic that us older people have to offer.

Dallas/Ft Worth area is my job search focus.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bmwrdr

Re: POS (Point of Sale)/Cash Registers/IT Tech

Post by bmwrdr »

I wish you good luck. I am aware of some positions at Toyota in the DFW area, a friend told me there are IT positions open.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

bblhd672 wrote:Today was not a good day as I was laid off by the company that brought me to Texas 16 months ago. Sad day, but very glad that I was able to get here.

I have 30 plus years experience as electronic cash register/pos systems field tech and project manager, as well as IT systems manager experience.

Hopefully there are still companies out there that value the experience and work ethic that us older people have to offer.

Sorry brother. Feel free to email me if you need a solid reference.

I monitor "Indeed", https://www.indeed.com/ , it seems to be a well run site. Also if you send me your resume, I can get it into the firm that manages contract employees where I work. Its worth a shot and can provide a good entrée. I have hired more than one contract mech / elec engineer into permanent positions after they performed well as a contractor.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

bblhd672 wrote:Today was not a good day as I was laid off by the company that brought me to Texas 16 months ago. Sad day, but very glad that I was able to get here.

If you find nothing in the DFW area and are willing to look at Lubbock call TruNo up. I deal with them frequently for where I work.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Sorry to hear of your job loss. I hope you can find work and stay in Texas!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I sent feeler emails to my IT directors...even if we aren't looking for you, maybe someone they know is...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Sorry to hear about your lay-off, been there done that. I don't know of anything in your particular field, but, I'll reach out to some of my contacts, and will send you contact info, if I hear anything.

Don't get too discouraged, there are jobs out there, and companies, are finding out, how important experienced folks with roots in an area are, to keeping good employees.

(you can catch up on those Honey Do's in the mean time :biggrinjester: )
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

As of this morning 4 IT openings at Tarrant County. Decent pay, excellent benefits.

http://www.tarrantcounty.com

Just my ifyourgoingthroughhellkeepongoing .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

I think I saw IT positions on Raytheon's site when I was browsing but I cant recall. Probably some tech positions too. They are in the Dallas/Plano area mostly.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Put your resume out on Dice.com. I got downsized from the same type of position in 2014, and I still get emails almost everyday.

Good luck to you!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “Job Board”